10 Pax came out for this week’s edition of Mint Hill – Pile Driver for a birthday Q (1 day early) by YHC. Lots to celebrate and be thankful for as it seems that we are returning to more normal times. We had a family wedding (niece) on Saturday, celebrated Father’s Day yesterday with the family and in-laws, and looking forward to my 55th birthday tomorrow. Preferred a boot camp for my birthday Q rather than tomorrow’s run/ruck so decided to take the Q today! YHC arrived at 4:45 for a solo ruck thru surrounding neighbor hoods, back to the park, around the track and over to the flags by 5:25 to get this party started.
We head over to the memorial area while a few stragglers arrived and joined us.
All exercises below done in cadence (x10-x15 each).
- Low Slow Squats
- Tempo Merkins
- Plank Jacks
- Mountain Climbers
- Seal Jacks
Part 1 -Over to the track for some 55’s: 15 jump squats, 15 merkins, 15 WWII sit-ups and 10 burpees – repeat for 2x total
Part 2 – Cheddar Shredder with merkins, followed by pax broad jump across line of pax holding plank
Part 3 – Over to the handball courts for balls to the wall (x2, 1st – hold for 10 count, 2nd – hold for 5 count) and wall sit with 5 air presses
Part 4 – Over to the tennis courts for Welsh Dragons (merkin, plank jacks, shoulder tap – R/L followed by bear crawl. We crossed 10 lines and added 1 rep for total of 10 at the end. Lunge walk back to the start and stopping for 5 Bobby Hurley’s at each line.
Part 5 – Pax relay races (split into two groups of 5 each).
1st round – run to the other end, 3 burpees and then back to start.
2nd round – bear crawl to the end and wait for the next pax to come thru.
No time for that today!
Name a Rama – video posted to Slack and Twitter!
Finished as always with prayer. Thanks – Tough Skins!
1. Prayers for everyone those that are sick, injured, in recovery and not able to come out today!
2. Hornet has generously offered to have a pool party and BBQ at his house July 3rd. Same day as our upcoming convergence. See Slack for more details and connect with Othello / Tough Skins for donuts/coffee donation and planning for the convergence.
3. New Slack set-up in progress for new Mint Hill AO channel. Will also have 1 day (Thursday) with two different workouts (MASH – recovery workout at Arlington Baptist Church and The Gunnery – Boot Camp at JH Gunns school – Motown as site Q!)
- Thanks for coming out this morning – appreciate all of the birthday wishes and looking forward to celebrating many more with my F3 brothers!
- Always a privilege and honor to lead these HIM’s at Mint Hill!
- I’m very grateful and blessed to be part of the F3 nation. It provides the stability, consistency, organization, discipline and brotherhood that I need in my life!