F3 Concord’s Pro Day
12 men joined the Q in an attempt to bolster their draft status on an increasingly cold morning. Here’s what went down.
- Mosey down to ASEC sign, back around the side of Lake Concord and Country Club the long way and cut back to the upper lot for
- SSHx 20(4c)
- IST x 15
- Loose Change x 10
- Circular arm motions
Immediately start into:
6 stations around the AO fashioned after a modern day NFL Pro Day, the stations and their locations included:
- Rock bench press at the rock pile, 50 reps or failure, whatever comes first
- 3 cone drill at the upper lot x 5
- Broad Jumps down one parking strip for 40 yards
- Max vertical jumps at Mary spot x 5
- 40 yard dash down another parking strip
- Short shuttle drill at lower lot x 5
- Mosey the long way as described in the warmup back to rock pile and repeato
Time was called at 609 so all pax could do a final 40 yard dash to
Supermans and Mediocre broga.
No specific prayers, but if you are looking for a Maundy Thursday service, Catfish has extended an invite to FBC for their service this evening.
YHC got through 3 full cycles and got around 2.25 miles. I’m sure others got more. We don’t do a ton of HIIT training, it’s sometimes good to max exert yourself for a short period of time with a jog for recovery. All pax did well, although I don’t know that anyone’s getting drafted anytime soon, except maybe Java.
Pro days are special because they give people the chance to put their best foot forward on a big stage. We as men should be putting our best foot forward every day because you never know who is watching. Just because your kids, community members, wives, etc. don’t have a stopwatch or a pen and paper doesn’t mean they aren’t looking for you to show your best. The opportunity to make an impact is always there, so take it.
Prayers for the season, let’s get after it.
Always a blessed morning with my F3 Bros. Thanks for the accountability and brotherhood.
“When we put our best foot forward, the other one better be good enough to stand on” – Cullen Hightower