Are Monkey Humpers Necessary?
A balmy low-60 degree Wednesday morning brought out 9 PAX for @Bravo’s VQ for the F3 Afton gang. I’m hopeful it didn’t disappoint. @Bravo was in a kind mood this morning, so there were several “pleases” included in his instructions … Here’s how it went down…
At 0530, a quick disclaimer was given and around the Dorton parking lot for a lap before circling up for the warm-o-rama:
- (15) SSHs IC, (10) Windmills IC, (12) Penny Pickers IC, Arm Circles front & back from little to big
PAX were asked to grab a block and head to the tennis courts, where the beatdown ensued… lining up on one end of the courts and partnering-up in 2’s (with the exception of @Tumbler, @Guinness & @Bravo who shared three blocks), these instructions were given:
- Partner 1 carried a block in each hand (fireman carry-style) to the opposite end of the courts and back, while Partner 2 began the following set of exercises:
- (50) Monkey Humpers
- (100) Merkins
- (150) WW2’s
- (200) Body Squats
- (250) SSH’s
- EACH time a partner returned with the blocks, each pax knocked out 5 burpees…
- Partner 2 then picked up wherever Partner 1 left off on the exercise set… AND SO ON … until the set was complete.
- The set was complete with just shy of 10 minutes left in the beatdown, so we mosey’d to the wall for one-minute of Balls to the Wall followed by a short wall sit.
Back to the parking lot to return the blocks to their home, before moseying to the shelter for a short session with Mary:
- (15) Low Flutters IC, (15) Box Cutters IC
- F3 Afton April Challenge: Complete at least one mile each day (walking or running) for the month. Encouraged pax to include their M or Fam’s in the fun…
- I Love My City – @Bravo to identify a project that Afton can sponsor/lead … stay tuned
Appreciate the opportunity to lead, fellas… good times!