Just the Two of Us
YHC left the house this morning to the unexpected and unwelcome rain. Had I not been signed up to Q, odds were high I would have turned right around and gone back inside the house. Instead, saddled with the obligation that only the Sign-Up Genius can bring, I headed to the school wondering if I’d be alone.
When I arrived I was, but the beacon of light that is our AO’s Master Q soon joined me. He exited his car and made his way straight to the portico by the HCES entrance. I knew right then that he wasn’t going to like what I had in store.
When 5:30 rang and the Pax count remained at 2, I gave a disclaimer and said we were going to mosey to the back lot. To this, Poutine replied “Wait, we’re leaving from under here?” Yes @poutine, yes we are.
We moseyed to the bus lot portico for…
- SSH x19
- IST x15
- Weed Picker x10
- Windmill x10
We partnered up (haha!) and I explained the beatdown, which was inspired by @pavarotti’s Cardio 200. One partner would run across the lot while Partner 2 stayed under roof and did the called exercise (all cardio-based). You’d swap until as a team you’d completed 200 reps. Some modifications were made to the counts listed below. Between each set, we took a lap around the 200-meter track and took a 10-count.
- Pick-ups x100
- Heisman x100
- Plank Jacks x200
- Rocky Balboa x200 (2=1)
- Mountain Climber x200 (2=1)
After our final lap back to the portico, we headed back to the school entrance via the long way. While there, we did various running work the length and width of the portico that included sprints, shuffles, karaoke, quadrephilias, and power skips.
- Poutine Low Flutter x20
- Pretzel Crunch x10 (each side)
- Recover, recover
- While I didn’t want to workout this morning, I was — as always — glad I did. Glad to have some company as well and good to catch up with @poutine. Solid 2nd F was to go along with our 1st F.
- We’re still collecting food items for the weekend food deliviries for WM Irvin Elementary. Bring items to the Tuesday, Thursday, and/or Saturday beatdowns. YHC will be delivering a load to @poutine tomorrow at Last Call. I’ve never been in a position where I needed food supplemented for me, and I pray that my family never finds itself there. But since I have the means, I plan on doing what I can to alleviate that for others. Do the same if you can.
- In April we are going to work on a beautification project with the school(s) we call home. We’ve used them as AOs for longer than I’ve been a Pax, and we’ve never incurred a charge. So we will be doing our part to give back. I’ll have more details as we get closer, but looking at a late April Saturday beatdown at the school followed by on-site Coffeeteria and work. Ms and 2.0s welcome to Coffee and the work.
- Be thinking of other ways we can give back to the community and suggest it whenever it comes to mind. We’ll be looking for more initiatives in May and beyond.
- We will be converging at Comanche next Thursday (3/25) for our 5:30 a.m. boot camp to help celebrate their four-year anniversary. So, no boot camp at 5:30 at Highlands. The Dawghouse is having a 5-year anniversary on 3/26.