Afton “Adopt a Stream” service event on 2/27
F3 Afton invites you to join us for our second clean up as part of the City of Concord’s “Adopt a Stream” program on February 27th. Our AO has sponsored the Afton Run creek (see image) that runs through the park, before it merges into Coddle Creek.
Since the launch of F3 Afton, we have had a great relationship with our Concord Parks & Rec groundskeeper, Lewis and the program is a great way for the F3 Afton and MeCa pax to show our appreciation to give back to the park and help keep it clean for the community.
- When: February 27, 2021 at 8:00am, just after our beatdown from 7-8am. Join us!
- Time: We should be able to complete our stretch of clean-up in less than an hour and a half, maybe less with more pax.
- Task: Clean the creek and banks of any debris. Assess the conditions of the waterway of any potential concerns (e.g., falling tree, oil spills, etc.)
- What to bring: Gloves, warm clothes you don’t mind getting dirty and if you enter the creek, warm, protective boots. The City of Concord will be providing a limited amount of waders, boots, grabbers and garbage bags.
- Who can come: This is a family friendly event if your 2.0s and M want to join
- Disclaimer: Just like F3, a disclaimer is provided, but the city has provided disclaimer forms that will need to be signed and filed.
If you have any questions, send Shooter a DM through Slack.
For more info on the City of Concord’s “Adopt a Stream” program, visit: www.concordnc.gov/streams
Join us for the beatdown at 7am and then stay and help us keep the park clean!