11 Pax (10 for Metal and 1 runner) ventured out in the gloom and slightly rainy conditions for today’s edition of Mint Hill Metal and were treated with a Dora 1-2-3 themed version for bells and burpees. It was a great morning as the Pax were welcomed with damp weather but very mild temperatures (~45-50 degrees) for early February.
Shovel flags were planted, quick disclaimer was given, guiding principles of F3 were shared with the eager and enthusiastic pax that were thirsting for this type of knowledge to get their day started!
Multiple bells (both kettle and dumb varieties of various sizes, cinder blocks, etc.), were laid out, 80’s hair band metal playlist was queued up – and here’s it how it went down:
Mosey over to the entry gate area and turn around (Pax were fortunate to avoid a minor collision as the Q did not provide any advance notice or signal before abruptly turning around!)
- Air Presses and Arm Circles (x10 – each, IC)
- Low Slow Squats (x10, IC)
- Tempo Merkins (x10, IC)
- One Legged SSH (x10 – each leg, IC)
Partner up for several rounds of Dora 1-2-3, one pax does the selected exercise while the other pax runs to the entry gate for burpees (1st round – 5 burpees, 2nd round – 3 burpees) and returns to switch up with partner (exercise quantity is cumulative for both pax)
- 100 thrusters
- 200 chest presses
- 300 weighted squats
- 100 swings
- 200 rows (upright / bent over)
- 300 bicep curls / triceps extensions
Finisher – we have a few minutes left so we finish with lunge walk, followed by overhead carry (holding bell above your head) around the parking lot and finished with a Native American run/mosey around the parking lot while carrying your bell.
No time for that today!
Namearama, announcements, special requests and closing prayer:
- We prayed for George (Othello’s Father in Law) who is recovering from his recent fall and complications.
- We prayed for Mint Hilx Pax on the IR (The Body, Hornet and others) for their recovery
Welcome FNG Scott – who is now Butt Rub which has already been nominated for best F3 name!
- Thanks for coming out this morning – it’s easy to stay in bed on Friday after a long week and especially when the weather is not too great.
- Strong showing today – great work by everyone to keep moving and pushing thru to completion before running out of time.
- Always a privilege and honor to lead these HIM’s at Mint Hill!
- I’m very grateful and blessed to be part of the F3 nation. It provides the stability, consistency, organization, discipline and brotherhood that I need in my life!
- “Nobody cares what you did yesterday. What have you done today to better yourself?”
- “I don’t stop when I’m tired, I stop when I’m done.”
- “We’re either getting better or we’re getting worse.”
- David Goggins
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.”– Mark Twain
Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.”– John F. Kennedy
Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.”– Steve Jobs