16 Pax came out in the gloom for today’s Pain Academy at Bain and enjoyed an old fashioned Big Tuna led beat down out behind the wood shed. It was a great morning as the Pax were welcomed with nice/dry weather and mild temperature (~45-50 degrees) for late January. Shovel flags were planted (including the awesome new Gremlin flag that Tough Skins has prepared), disclaimer was given and guiding principles of F3 were shared (including exception for Thursdays during the winter at Mint Hill). We also started with a count since two pax were going off for a run to get some extra mileage in and this threw off some of the pax as they associated the count with the end of the workout. Here’s how it went down:
Mosey around the back of the new school stopping along the way for the following exercises:
- SSH (x20, IC)
- Low Slow Squats (x10, IC)
- Penny Pickers (x15, IC)
- Arm Circles and Air Presses (x10 – each, IC)
We’ll use the parking lot / track area for 4 corners with a center station (exercises are merkins, jump squats and burpees) – consider this a simple and effective old school type beat down!
- Start in the center and run to 1 corner for 20 merkins and then run back to center for 5 burpees
- Run to next corner for 19 jump squats and then back to the center for 5 burpees
- Repeat – decreasing quantity of each exercise by 2 for each corner:
- Merkins: 20 – 18 – 16 – 14 – 12……down to 2
- Jump Squats: 19 – 17 – 15 – 13……down to 1
- Return to center after each corner for 5 burpees
- Once you finish – head to the wall for some extra work and/or find a pax still going and finish up with them before heading to the wall
We still have some time left so we split into two groups for a plank and bear crawl relay type race across the parking lot track to island and light at end of the lot. First team to touch the island is the winner! We had a very close race which ended up with a photo finish so both teams did 10 burpees to wrap up today’s beat down!
- No time for that today!
- We did a quick stretch and then it was 6:15!
- Namearama, announcements and closing prayer (thanks – Gopher!)
- Reminder — Gremlin is THIS WEEKEND!
- All Mint Hill PAX please muster at the West deck @ 0430 to help setup.
- Thanks to Othello and all of the AO leads for your hard work setting up this event especially considering all of the COVID protocols to keep the Pax safe and healthy while we honor Gremlin and other F3 pax that have left us much too early
- Thanks for coming out this morning – the numbers were outstanding and the effort was awesome!
- Strong showing today – great work by everyone to keep moving / pushing thru to completion and picking up the six along the way!
- Always a privilege and honor to lead these HIM’s at Mint Hill!
- I’m very grateful and blessed to be part of the F3 nation. It provides the stability, consistency, organization, discipline and brotherhood that I need every day in my life!
- “Nobody cares what you did yesterday. What have you done today to better yourself?”
- “I don’t stop when I’m tired, I stop when I’m done.”
- “We’re either getting better or we’re getting worse.”
- David Goggins
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.”– Mark Twain
Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.”– John F. Kennedy
Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.”– Steve Jobs