May The Road Rise up to Meet You
12 road warriors, Runners and Ruckers, made the trip down Shamrock and back. As much as we all love the Pitchfork, it was nice to be back out on an old favorite and Shamrock never disappoints!
- Start out at Town Center with the Pax grumbling that the route wasn’t posted the night before. #mybad
- Remind @Tbone YHC told him the route just last night. #stillshouldhaveposted
- Run down to 49
- Wait for traffic
- Cross 49 together and run down to the gate
- Witness one of the most spectacular shootings stars YHC has ever seen!
- Amazing that, no matter our ages, we all marveled at how big, bright, and close that meteor was.
- Ponder our existence and if that shooting star was the beginning of The Rapture
- Quickly change discussion to tv shows about the Rapture
- Run past creepy man in parked car in the middle of nowhere
- Continue down past an unseen family of skunks.
- Breathe Lightly
- Pick up the pace as we ignore obviously haunted house
- Run the loop around the Star House
- Run to end of Shamrock and head back
- Run up that long annoying hill
- Pick up the Six
- Debate if anyone saw @HighRise go back or if we lost him to the ghosts or skunks
- Continue debate while we ignore @Banjoboy who says he ‘definitely’ saw him heading back
- Dodge cars coming out of Shift Change at the warehouse
- Wait again for traffic at 49
- Run around the Town Center Loop
- oh look Flip Phone is here right at the end
- Return to Town Center
- Wait for @Strapless to catch up
- Prayers for the Howard family, one of Deadhead’s fraternity brothers. His 30 year old brother died unexpectedly as well as his Grandfather.
- Sign up for the Gremlin! They also need another driver for a support truck if you don’t want to work out but want to participate.
- Sign up to Q! February is ‘No Q Repeat’ Month. Lock in your date today!
- Extinction Race is being pushed to Saturday March 20th due to the rise in Covid, the park being closed, and proximity to other events
- All Pro Dads meeting at Harrisburg Elementary and Hickory Ridge Elementary this Thursday at 7pm on Zoom. Reach out to Dr. Lecter for Harrisburg and Wexler for Hickory Ridge. It’s a great way to spend some quality time with your kids.
Great chilly morning for a run! Really impressed that we had 12 for a Road Warrior on a cold day in January. Really glad @Banjoboy was telling the truth and @Highrise was back safe. Glad @flipphone was able to join us for the last 10 minutes. Always amazed to see the effort out there even when people are battling puzzle-induced injuries and oversharing their coming of age stories.
That Shooting Star was awesome!
Today’s Quote of the Day:
“May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields
and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of his hand.’
– Traditional Gaelic Blessing