8 Braved a rainy monday morning to come out and honor Lt Michael Murphy with our monthly Murph. We all sat around trying to think of a way to modify it so we could just stick around under the portico and not get completely soaked. Finally Kojak said, are we really honoring a war hero if we are afraid to get wet? Great point…and off we went!
- 1 Mile run
- 100 Pull ups
- 200 Merkins
- 300 Squats
- 1 Mile run
- F3 MECA Pop-Up Blood Drive is 12/11 at Prosperity Church. See @Wexler for details.
- F3 Mount Afton running challenge in support of our brother @Tugboat Willie’s family on January 9th. Come out if you can. Sign up here
- The Gremlin is scheduled for January 30. Sign up today! At the very least, buy a tshirt! Also need guys to step up to help with parking. Preblast and sign up here
- There will be no orphanage party this year due to Covid. However, we are discussing a Gift tree for us to get items they need. They also have Amazon Smile as well. Details to come.
- Prayers for @Gamma’s cousin, The Porter family, as they are dealing with the sudden death of their beloved mom and wife.
- Prayers for @Birdcage’s entire family as they are fighting off Covid. Special prayers for his dad who was moved to the Critical care ward this weekend.
- Prayers for @Bearclaw and his family as his son enters a new phase of his life
- Prayers for my little girl Katie who took a nasty spill out of a tree this weekend.
- Prayers for all our troops who are serving overseas and have to spend the Holidays away from their families.
Great crowd and even better effort for a rainy post holiday Monday Morning! The usual crowd was impressive as always and really great to have such consistency by @Cpap and @Winger. Thank you to @Kojak for reminding us the real reason we were out there this morning.
Great message from @Gamma this morning during COT about not only being thankful but also really appreciating all you have as we never know when it can all be taken away from us. We all get caught up in the small petty things or get frustrated with the ones we love. However, life comes at you fast and you really need to make sure the people that are important to you know it fully and truly.
As frustrating as this pandemic has been, I am really grateful for F3 and all of you guys. Having so many new guys come out and more people being around has really strengthened the group by leaps and bounds. Especially the near daily Coffeteria where you can hear nerds talking their nerd IT speak or a bunch of cool guys discussing the expanded Star Wars galaxy.
Thank you as always for allowing me to lead, pushing me and always inspiring me!
Today’s Quote of the Day: “If the only prayer you said was thank you, that would be enough.” – Meister Eckhart