Happy Burpee Day!
12 Pax started their Thanksgiving (aka Turkey) Week to come out in the gloom for today’s version of The Pile Driver at The Vet. They were treated to a Big Tuna led beat down that featured some partner type work along with burpees and then more burpees. It was a great morning and the Pax were welcomed with nice weather and comfortable temperature (~50 degrees) – shovel flags were planted, disclaimer was given (along with a reminder of the F3 mission and guiding principles) – here’s how it went down:
Mosey around the parking lot with butt kicks and high knees thrown in — over to the Memorial area for the following exercises:
- SSH (x20, IC)
- Hillbillies (x10, IC)
- Penny Pickers (x15, IC)
- Plank Jacks (x15, IC)
- Low Slow Squats (x10, IC)
- Low Slow Merkins (15, IC)
Start with 11’s:
- Burpees: 10 down to 1 at the Memorial
- Run across the parking lot to the shovel flags for
- WWII sit-ups’s: 1 up to 10
- Once you finish: join the group for plank hold, plank shoulder taps, plank leg taps, etc. while waiting for the 6, then back to the shovel flags to join and finish up.
Mosey down to the lower parking lot and over the small shelter with picnic tables:
Split into two groups – one group of pax runs around the lower parking lot circular drive while other pax does the exercise and tags another pax to run until this completed:
- Round 1 – decline merkins
- Round 2 – dips
- Round 3 – incline merkins
- Round 4 – step-ups
Over to the parking lot and line up for Death By Burpee:
- 1 burpee followed by 4 lunges and then increase to 2 burpees / 4 lunges, 3 burpees / 4 lunges and continue up to to 7 burpees (always 4 lunges).
- When you finish: join the group for various type of plank holds off the curb.
~ 6:10: time to start heading back towards the flag – Native American run thru lower and upper parking lots with 5 merkins at the end of the line and then run to the front.
- Flutter Kicks (x15, IC)
- LBC’s (x15, IC)
Namearama, announcements and prayer requests:
- Thanks for coming out today – always an honor to lead this fine group of men at this great AO. I’m not able to get back here very often but always look forward to it!
- Happy Thanksgiving Week — give thanks today, Thursday and every day for all that we have!
- Congratulations to the new Mint Hill Master Q starting in 2021 – Toughskins and all of the new site Q’s. And Othello to continue his current role of the Back Blast police!
- Turkey day mosey around the Hill is in the works — check SLACK for more details.
- The Gremlin is coming – Jan 2021 – sign up now!
- New Mint Hill design – shirt orders are coming soon!
- Prayers for everyone affected by this pandemic and continued progress on the vaccines.
- Thanks – Gopher for taking us out this morning.