Mosey around the Pain Academy
14 Pax came out in the gloom for today’s Pain Academy at Bain to enjoy a Big Tuna led beat down that featured some partner work and brief mosey off the grounds across to the church which was greeted with lots of mumble chatter and good natured complaining. It was a great morning and the Pax were welcomed with nice weather and comfortable temperature (~60 degrees) – shovel flags were planted, disclaimer was given (and YHC had to quiet some of the pax at this point) — here is how it went down:
Mosey across the street to the Church parking lot for the following exercises:
- SSH (x20, IC)
- Windmills (x10, IC)
- Penny Pickers) (x15, IC)
- Mountain Climbers (x15, IC)
- Low Slow Squats (x10, IC)
Start with Lt Dan – 1 squat, 2 lunges, 1 merkin and increase across the parking lot (i.e. 2 / 4 / 2, 3 / 6 / 2, 4 / 8 / 4, etc. up to 6 squats / 12 lunges / 6 merkins)
Mosey over to the church entrance steps for the following:
- Decline Merkins (x20, IC)
- Incline Merkins (x20, IC)
Partner Based beat down- 1 pax goes around the circular drive while other pax does the exercise and switch it up until both are complete:
- Round 1 – bear crawl / crab walk and exercise is jump squats
- Round 2 – bear crawl / crab walk and exercise is squat hold / air press
- Round 3 – burpee broad jump / broad jump exercise is LBC’s
Mosey back across the street to the original school – back entrance with picnic tables for more partner based beat down – 1 pax runs over to the gate at the parking lot entrance while the other pax does the exercise and switch it up until both are complete:
- Round 1 – dips
- Round 2 – step-ups
Mosey over to the new school front entrance for final partner based beat down- 1 pax runs around the track while the other pax does burpees – complete 50 total.
- Balls to the Wall (hold B2W while each pax completes 5 count)
- Wall Sits with Air Press (each pax provides a 5 count)
Flutter Kicks (x15, IC)
Namearama, announcements and prayer requests for:
- For F3 Metro Snoop’s finance – Laura for recovery from her recent brain aneurysm.
- All of the Mint Hill pax on the IR list (including The Body, Hornet, Head and Shoulders, Steam Pipe, etc.) as we look forward to seeing them back out in the gloom.
- For Booyah, his M and 2.0’s as they are prepare for the impending loss of their beloved family pet after 16 years.
- For everyone stricken with or affected by COVID pandemic and hoping for continued recovery towards “normalcy”
Thanks for coming out this morning – the numbers were up and the effort was outstanding!
Strong showing today – great work by everyone to keep moving and pushing thru to completion!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.”– Mark Twain
Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.”– John F. Kennedy
Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.”– Steve Jobs