Uphill or Downhill?
6 PAX joined YHC for the weekly edition of Brinkley’s Bootcamp. While it did not appear that humid at first this impression changes as the beatdown progressed and the PAX was slinging sweat around the AO. After exchanging pleasantries amongst ourselves and @Alcatraz who Q’d the 5:30 AM bootcamp we mosey’d around the parking lot with some high knees and butt kickers. At one point it seemed that @Ponyboy was taking over as he was leading the PAX on the mosey. Once he was reeled in we circled up for:
- SSH x 19
- IST’s x 12
- Hill Billies x 12
- Merkin x 10
- Penny Picker x 12
- Plankjack x 12
- Windmill x12
- Low Slow Squat x12
Line up on one side of the parking lot. Individually work your way to the other side sequentially doing a series of 3 exercises until they reach the other side where they hold a plank until everyone is done.
- 1st trip: 10 Merkins, 20 Jump Squats, 30 Reverse Crunches
- 2nd trip: 10 CDD’s, 20 Criss Crosses, 30 Crunchy Frogs
Mosey to the entrance to the golf course parking lot from the parkway. Asked FNG Jacob if he wanted to go uphill or downhill. Being a cross country runner his answer was that he liked downhill since you run faster. The more seasoned PAX quickly reminded him that the return would be uphill. Too late, we were committed.
Mosey to the small (but steep) hill going down to the golf course from the parkway sidewalk for a series of 10:2 circuits of the following exercises:
- Bottom – Burpees, Top – Squats
- Bottom – Shoulder taps (2=1), Bobby Hurleys
- Bottom – Merkins, Top – Apolo Ohnos
Return walk up the hill (yes the PAX was correct) with a short cut to the parking lot Circle for:
- Low Flutter w/@Poutine optional x12
- Pretzel Crunch x12
- Todd Beamer aka Box Cutter x12
- Mason Twist x 12
- Saturday there will be no official Last Call beatdown at Mallard Creek Park. PAX are encouraged to attend the 2-year anniversary of Afton at Dorton Park at 7 AM.
COT & Prayer
- Got to name FNG Jacob this morning. After careful deliberation @Snowsuit named him “Hogs Tooth” in reference to being the 2.0 of a Marine Sniper. “Hog’s Tooth is the name given to the 7.62×51mm NATO round presented to a United States Marine upon graduating from the Scout/Sniper school. A 7.62×51mm NATO round is used because that is the round fired by the M40A6, which is the primary rifle used by Marine snipers.”
- Was hoping to let the PAX experience what was involved in the uphill option. Will save that for another day. The short steep hill was no joke and according to the Fitbit had YCH redlining the BPM’s a few times.
- Keep the people in the coast in your TAP’s since Hurricane Isaias packed quite a wallop and caused some significant damage. Also the folks in Beirut who were victims of the massive explosion.