Some Pain and even Death (by Burpee) at Bain!
Five Pax came out in the gloom for today’s Pain Academy at Bain and enjoyed a Big Tuna led beatdown that featured lots of partner work and a lesson in Death by Burpees which was greeted with lots of mumble chatter and good natured complaining. It was a great morning and the Pax were welcomed with comfortable weather and much humidity – shovel flags were planted, weinke was checked placed, disclaimer was given — here is how it went down:
Slow mosey around the parking lot with stops for the following exercises:
- Windmills (x15, IC)
- Low Slow Squats (x10, IC)
- Tempo Merkins (x10, IC)
- SSH (x20, IC)
Partner Based – 1 pax runs a lap around the bus parking lot while other pax does the exercise and quantity is cumulative total for both partners:
Round 1 – total qty of 200 of each exercise:
- Carolina Dry Docks
- Flutter Kicks
Round 2 – total qty of 150 of each exercise
- Mountain Climbers
Finisher/ Cool Down – Wall Sits with Air Press (x15, IC)
Final Round – Death by Burpees (OYO)
- 1 burpee / followed by 4 lunges
- Increase to 2 burpees / followed by 4 lunges
- Repeato – up to 10 burpees / 4 lunges
WWII Sit Ups – x15, OYO
Namearama, announcements and special prayers for The Body and Steam Pipe as we look forward to seeing them back out in the gloom. Also, continued recovery for other Mint Hill brothers on IR list (i.e. Blue Crush) as well as all of those affected by the COVID19 pandemic.
Thanks for coming out this morning – the numbers were down but the effort was up!
Strong work today – great push by everyone to keep moving and push thru to completion!
- Silas – Great work – you left lots of sweat behind – good for you that F3 doesn’t charge by the number of sweat droplets left behind !
- Hornet – Outstanding progress on the entire partner based exercises – you were not leaving much left for the rest of us!
- Messi – Great to meet you this morning and keep coming out in the gloom! Looking forward to seeing you in the future and getting to know you better. And sorry that the Death by Burpee almost caused some merlot to be splashed!
- Othello – Awesome work and way to push your partner (Silas)! Thanks for your outstanding leadership at this fine AO!