Wildlife Rocket Run…
Yellowcake let it be known on Monday afternoon that he would be doing some deep dive training inside our local nuclear reactors for the rest of the week; therefore he needed some help with the Tuesday cruise. YHC had picked up the Wed Q at Afton a little earlier in the day and thought why not make it another. A little extra motivation is needed since this Thanksgiving fat is not going to get rid of itself. 9 Dawgs answered the bell this morning. The pack was made up of 7 runners and 2 ruckers. To top it off, we had an FNG (Tillman) runner that was referred over to the Dawg House by his boss.
On this fine cold morning, YHC was running tight on time (as usual), but WAY earlier than Pharaoh. When the clock struck 5:30, we hit the pavement toward the hood, followed by our usual detour to pick up Pharaoh. Once back on track we pushed ahead at a warm up pace into the gloom. Unfortunately Mayhem was feeling the affects of last weeks chest cold and had to head back early. The rest of the group rolled ahead and finally gathered about 1 mile in. YHC informed the pax that today would be The Rocket. YHC asked the pax to push a little harder each straightaway and recover on the side streets. Along the way, many deer were encounted. Some running at us, some running away, and many crossing streets up ahead. We can only assume they were running from Buck and Amway’s new “sack”. Even with all the wildlife distractions, the Dawgs knocked out the full rocket and rolled back into the kennel with time for a victory lap before arriving at the cars.
The ruckers arrived a little ahead of the runners. Amway must not have wanted to tell us what Buck thought about his new “Sack” that he bragged about yesterday on slack, because he pulled out as the runners arrived at home base. #mustbearuckerthing
Great work men! FNG Tillman ran up front the entire cruise… strong work for his 1st cruise. #ironsharpensiron
- The man, the myth, the legend… Talladega has the mic on Wednesday. Don’t miss it!
- Christmas at the Orphanage on 12/18…details for Sweet Tooth party:https://mailchi.mp/37dc7f16bab2/f3-harrisburg-weekly-update-1570519Sign up sheet with wish list linked inside: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PWPd27e3Usl3kSFoeG52IOsfOX-XnZoDWLB0-GqDk9M
- Save the date: 2020 Gremlin – January 18, 2020 – Pre-Blast Information
- Next QSource: December 14th
- Regional HDHH this Wednesday: December 4th
- Prayers for Mayhem this am.
- Prayers for all the Dawgs recovering from injuries.
- Prayers for Buck as he goes in for shots on Wednesday
- All unspoken prayers