A Chance to Give Thanks
There is a tradition at Casa de Dutch Boy, started by my grandparents 15+ years ago, where everyone seated around the table says something they are thankful for during the Thanksgiving meal.
In 2019, as YHC is preparing to take my turn, F3 will no doubt be one of the things I mention. What this group of brothers has and continues to mean to me is beyond explanation, and I’m forever thankful.
With that spirit of thankfulness in mind, 21 men from all over MeCa (and Boone) gathered at Highlands for what YHC dubbed the “First Annual Turkey-day Convergence” beatdown designed to free up some caloric space for the meal(s) to come.
A disclaimer was given, our guests were welcomed, and YHC instructed the Pax to form 2 lines. In honor of the holiday, we moved spot to spot via Native American Run. First stop: the bus lot for…
- SSH x19
- IST x17
- Mountain Climbers x15
- Cotton Picker x15
Once complete, standard Indian Run to back of RRMS for
Partner Up for some DORA. Partner 1 does listed exercise while Partner 2 runs the big hill and does 10 SSH. As a team, complete
- 100 Merkins
- 200 LBCs
- 300 Squats
Form back up in Indian Run lines and head toward bus lot. Before last person takes off for the front, they must complete a burpee. Once we arrive at playground, partner work resume by way of a four-station grinder.
Split into 4 groups (keeping partners) and head to one of 4 stations. Run through the stations as many times as possible before time is called
- Station 1: Partner-assisted pull-ups x10 at the playground
- Station 2: Dips and Incline Merkins x20 at the rail
- Station 3: Step-ups (each leg) or box jumps x10 behind the elementary
- Station 4: Rocky Balboa and Freddie Mercury x20 at HCES rock
Mosey back to the front of HCES for
- The W x20 via @pavarotti
- Pretzel crunch x10 (each side) via @brinkley
COT (including something each brother is thankful for during Name-a-rama)
- As mentioned at the beginning, YHC is beyond thankful for the F3 brotherhood and all it has done and meant to me. Thanks to everyone who came out today and who has influenced and inspired YHC during my almost one year in the group.
- Thankful for all those sacrificing their time and holidays to keep us safe home and abroad.
- Great to hear everyone mention something they are thankful for. We are a privileged group, and should always remain thankful for what we have, both in the Gloom at beyond.
- Welcome to @buzzlightyear (former FNG Ken and my father-in-law)
- Prayers to all those traveling for the holidays. Be safe and see you in the Gloom soon.
- Sign up now for The Gremlin! YHC is representing Highlands on the Q and I’m told it’s a fabulous CSAUP. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd6r5e_VC363-YaTMLSOPJPTlkcuOoIo4j58Lgm41W8TI6qXA/viewform
- Gremlin shirt order is also live! https://f3.mudgear.com/collections/active-preorders/products/f3-the-gremlin-2020-pre-order
- Time Laps(e)!