Feel the (Shoulders) Burn
5 pax thought it would be a good idea to wake up at zero dark thirty and meet up at a parking lot to exercise. What could possibly go wrong? The QIC plants the flag and gives the disclaimer…LET’S DO THIS!!!
Mosey around the parking lot a little bit. Take a meandering stroll through the parking spaces and run the lines forward and backwards.
SSH x 15
IW x 10
Hillbilly x 10
Windmill x 10
Perfect Squats x 10
Head over the the curb to take the warmup to the next level.
Footwork drill (alternating toe-taps on the curb). 1 minute on, 30 seconds off. Repeato 1 additional time
Mosey over to the school entrance. 1 pax serves as the timer, running to the shovel flag and performing 5 burpees, then running back. While he’s running, the pax performs:
1. Shoulder press
2. Dirty hookups
3. Donkey kicks
4. Balls to the Wall
Repeato until every pax serves as timer twice
Mosey over to the coupon station. Grab 2 bricks for some tabata
30 seconds on, 15 seconds off
2. Triceps extension
4. Front lat raise
5. Side lat raise
Return the bricks. Time for Mary
1. Pretzel crunch (10 each side)
2. WW2 situps
1. I arranged this workout so that we could have a little mumble chatter, but it took awhile before anybody had much to say. It was still fun leading this group. Good effort by all
2. Prayers going up for the mother of Motown
3. It’s been really cool getting to know all of the new members of the Boondocks. We’ve had several FNGs who have joined the fold, and they have continued to come back for more
4. Let’s keep pushing through the dog days of summer. Before ya know it, we will be working out in the cold again!