This was all Sugar’s fault
The weather was perfect, the beatdown was perfect, and even the Q was (almost) perfect but for some reason the PAX stayed away from the Highlands this morning. Maybe there was something in the water. YHC was searching for an idea for today’s workout when he came across @Sugar’s backblast of the surprise Sharknado he sprung at Rolling Stone on Tuesday. We haven’t had a good Sharknado at the Highlands in about six months so the decision was made. Needless to say, the undersized PAX was less than thrilled with the news, particularly @Gump. Here’s how it all went down:
Quick mosey up to the bus lot
- SSH IC X 10
- IST IC X 10
- CP IC X 10
- MC IC X 10
- Merkins IC X 10
After receiving multiple complaints about the upper-body heavy structure of the original Sharknado format, YHC has modified the Highlands version to come up with Sharknado 2.0. The PAX starts on the outer rim of the Dropcloth 200 track and proceeds with the first exercise. Upon completion run a lap (1/8 mile). Then wash and repeat, completing the exercises one at a time. The (lofty) goal is to complete four full sets, which amounts to 24 exercises and 24 laps (3 miles) as follows:
- 10 Merkins
- 15 Lunges (each leg)
- 20 Carolina Dry Docks
- 25 Air Squats
- 30 Merkins (yikes!)
- 35 LBC
@Chavez got off to a fast start and never looked back, eventually lapping most of the field. The entire PAX was strong though and pushed each other above and beyond their normal limits. Here’s how we finished
- Chavez – 19 laps
- Number One – 18 laps
- Illuminati – 18 laps
- Dodger – 18 laps
- Disaster – 18 laps
- Next Door – 15 laps
- Alcatraz – 12 laps (late arrival)
- Gump – 10 laps (but he finished first in mumble chatter to no one’s surprise)
As the top finisher, @Chavez had the “pleasure” of signing my shark, which sounds weird but there is an actual plastic shark that has been autographed by past winners @Glock, @Dropcloth, @Barrister, @Google, and @Frodo. @Google still holds the all-time Highlands record of 26 laps which is still pretty hard to believe.
There was no time for Mary, so we went right to announcements, COT, and BOM. YHC had planned to lock shields today but after @Chavez took off his shirt I immediately called an audible and went to a “hands in” format. After prayer the PAX had a much welcomed 2nd F team walk back to the main parking lot.
- Thanks to everyone who showed up today. If you weren’t there you missed a tough beatdown but the weather was absolutely perfect. Hopefully we have put the long sleeves, long pants, and hats away until November.
- In case you missed it, we will be celebrating Highlands 7th anniversary with a convergence next Saturday, May 4 at MCCP. @Gordo, @Powerball, and I will be co-Qing the beatdown from 7AM to 8AM followed by 2nd F with coffee, water, doughnuts, and Chick-Fil-A. We are looking for donations to help pay for the food so please pitch in some $ if you get a chance. We also need someone to skip the beatdown and pick up the food if you want to help us out. Pre-Blast will be posted next week so please come out and join us if you can.
- We still need a Q for this week’s Q-Source Grinder at Barista Craft this Saturday at 830AM. You can sign up on the Sign Up Genius if you would like to lead us this week.
- Murph Monday is scheduled for April 29 at 530AM at the Sports Club. Mettle will also be available that morning.
- Enjoy your weekend everyone. Put down the phone and get outside and spend some time with your family. You won’t regret it.