BB for Saturday 3/30 – Bracket Buster
Warm-UP: Jog around ASEC with high knees, butt kickers, karaoke
Circle up at lower lot
SSH x 20
CottonPickers x 10
Mercs x 15
The THANG: 7 numbers, each corresponding with a bracket position would decide our fate for the day. It was a double elimination tourney so each # could only be chosen twice.
1- Indian Run
2 – Burpee Suicide Ladder
4 – Parking Lot Curves (4 rotations) of Lt. Dans and BBall slides
8 – Pullups and Hills
16 – Picnic Tables (Dips, Decline Mercs, Incline Mercs)
32 – RockPile (Curls, Press, Skull Crushers, Rows)
64 – Core & More (WWII, Freddy Mercs IC, Low Flutter IC ; LBC IC, Dying Cockroach IC,)
Each Pax took turns pulling the numbers – I believe the following order was observed by all
64, 8, 1, 2 (this was not a good follow and a mild audible was called before anyone fell out), 64, 16 (which may or may not have been chosen after QIC observed Sugar reaching for a #2 again but we will never tell!), 32, 4, 1 (full on crazy style)
Mary: Broga and Core finale
- 7 men never failed to disappoint and approached each number with gusto and determination where we all hung together as teams that want to win the championship must do!
- I was glad every number was chosen at least once so we got a good variety. Factoring in some light discussion about how this was fairly leg heavy and my own soreness have allowed me to agree with the original thoughts.
- I did modify the suicide burpee suicide ladder as the original plan was to go for “40 min” or a 40 count with the suicides. It was agreed that one good half (20) was all this PAX would need to get a real burn.
- Sugar and I may have conspired to select a different number once but it was for everyone’s well being and the general fact that when you are the QIC, you can do whatever you want!
- The conversation, laughter, mild ribbing of my Tarheels, and the great weather only added to this amazing workout and reminded us all that F3 may be one of the best blessings the Good Lord brings us each morning (or at least T,W,TH,& Sat for me).
- Frostbite bought a bus; he is my hero. Sugar turned 50 back in Oct, much to my surprise, and still looks like a 35 year old machine; Spud consoled me a little with our Heels discussion and his great attitude; Homeland is my Saturday workout boy and a dependable friend; Hops is like the sun, constant and awesome; Luther is that guy that everyone wants to talk to and hang out with, even if they don’t know why and even if he does like Duke
- My life is better with F3 in it! “1 Thessalonians 1:2-3″ – We give thanks to God always for all of you, making mention of you in our prayers; constantly bearing in mind your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the presence of God and Father”
Prayers for those fighting cancer and those supporting those in the struggle. Keep praying for each other and standing firm as we seek to fight the good fight together.
In HIS service,