Technically Challenged Broga Q
You know it will be a good day when you have 9 Pax (including YHC) ready for a Broga stretch session to start your weekend. However, when you have the Broga Gods (Chicken Coop and Robins Nest) standing right next to you as you do your VQ it can get quite nerve-racking. It’s been a while since YHC Q’d a Broga session so the Winkie was needed and stayed on my side.
We always have great tunes during a Commanche Broga session and I couldn’t disappoint. Well, maybe I did a little because YHC is technically challenged and does not know how to download/stream good tunes from his phone. Wait! YHC has a 2.0 who he can bribe to come along in the gloom and be his IT on call. Half way here we realized we forgot the bluetooth speaker and will have to “wing it” using the speakers on his newly purchased Iphone (thank’s dad)….which didn’t sound too bad I should say.
0528, we are in the Christenbury portico out of the rain, Pax keep coming in…0529….mats are unrolled and we are in position….0530…..YHC gives a lousy disclaimer to the FNG and his travelling Pax friend (French Lick) and we are off!!
The Thang – Hatha Breaths Inhaling through nose, out mouth
- Hatha Breaths in mountain pose
- Swan Dive into the pool
- Head/neck Rolls
- “Back-up the car” Neck stretch
- Horse Stance Shoulder Stretch
- Forearm flexor stretch
- Forearm in cement
- Arm Circles
- Shoulder Tricep grab
- Standing side stretch
- Back/Spine Rollers
- Glute Stretch
- Camel Back
- Kenpo Quad Stretch
- One Legged/Two legged Hamstring Stretch
- Scissor Legs
- Train Track Stretch
- Toe Flexors
- Last big breath to Namaste
1. Thanks to everyone who came out last week to help Hammer with the move of Dwight and Sonya Gurley. YHC apologizes if his “anal retentive/OCD” tendencies scared some folks away after Buckwheat relinquished his role as “Storage Unit Organizer.” 🙂 I always remember an old supervisor who said…”manage your people using their strengths”…well, OCD tasks are mine, LOL!
2. Mint Hill has thrown out a challenge to all AO’s for the up coming Great Commission 5k. Bring your AO flag and come run with them. Great run to help support the missions of Toughskins church. He says there is usually low attendance (unfortunately) so it will be easy for you to medal!! Here is the link: https://runsignup.com/Race/NC/Charlotte/TheGreatCommission5K
COT – YHC took us out
1. Thank you Comanche and the Broga crew for allowing me to Q today. I took two years off from Broga before I realized I needed to get back into it to better my health and prevent further injury. Broga truly is the “smartest workout of the week” and I really appreciate you all wrapping me into your fold. Aye!
2. Chicken Coop and Robins Nest are the Broga masters and show tons of support. If you haven’t “paid your dues” and Q’d a Broga session seriously think about. They will support you 100%!!
3. Welcome out FNG – Ken (who will get named next time) and his fellow Pax friend French Lick. Don’t even want to ask how you got that name. Some things are better left unsaid. But seriously, strong post and great to have you!
4. 10and2, Buckwheat – thanks for being there brothers and strong post as usual. Aye!
5. Proud to have my 2.0 Loverboy there this AM, more proud that you have my back when it comes to all of these technology thingy’s your father is illiterate about. That’s why we have kids in the first place, right?! 😉