The Iron Men and dining stories
Eight men made it out to the Mill to get some action in before the weekend and storytelling by Catfish and his culinary adventures in Houston, eating Vietnamese and a cajun seafood chain on Fat Tuesday. What, no Texas Q?
Here’s how it went:
Mosey around the horseshoe loop and over to Switzerland for the warmorama
- SSHs (20x IC)
- ISTs (15x IC)
- Windmills (15x IC)
- Squats (15x)
- Shoulder circles
Off we go to the rail yard to pick up a 20 pound iron plate and circle up at the parking lot by the power building for instructions.
YHC brought a routine developed by rucking friend, Shannon, to honor Jerome Gonzalez who passed away last year at the start of Joe Warner Bragg Heavy in Fayetteville.
- Station 1: 1 minute AMRAP of merkins
- Station 2: 1 minute AMRAP of WWIIs
- Station 3: 1 minute AMRAP of box steps
- Station 4: 10 burpees
- Plate in right hand, for about 50 yards and 10 burpees at the end of the building
- Switch hands, plate in your left hand and back
- Bear crawl to the end of the building, followed with 10 SSHs
- Return to start point with a crab walk, followed up with 10 WWIIs
Circle up for some plate exercises:
- WWIIs with plate: x10 OYO
- Bend over rows: x10 IC
- Skull Crushers: x10 OYO
- Mason Twists: x10 IC
- Shoulder presses: x10 IC
Return to Mary:
- Pretzel crunches: x10 IC, then flapjack
- Homer to Marge
- A couple of stretches and that’s a wrap
Prayers and Announcements: Continued prayers for Daytona’s father and family. Workday at Wings of Eagles on 3/16 to replace boards on the climbing wall.
Always a pleasure to make it out to Kannon with a good group of pax and one of the finest AOs with so many possibilities.
It was an honor!