Seward’s Ice Box
Two of H’burg’s warriors selected the smartest workout of the week: broga. The freezing temps inspired some great #mumblechatter about Alaska, The Great Land state. Here’s how it went:
Front kicks x20
Alternating butt kickers x20
High knees x20
Shoulder circles (x10 each direction)
Go to Mountain Pose (deep breathing – 5 x)
Raised Hands Poise (deep breathing – 5x)
Raise Hands to Padasana Pose (Hand to Foot Pose – 5x)
Slow Inchworm to Upwards Dog (5x)
Towels — Table Pose
Cat and Cow
Child’s Pose to Cobra Pose
Child’s Pose to Side Stretch Left
Child’s Pose to Side Stretch Right
Child’s Pose back to Cobra Pose
Ball with Knee Hugs
CORE Crush- On 6 – arms straight back – knees bent in the air – slowly bring down one leg at time (1 inch above the ground) Alternating legs x10
Same as but now alternate the arms – alternate arms leg stretch x10
Eye of Needle progression
COT w/ Road Warriors
- Great work out there @Deuce; enjoyed the conversation about all things Alaska
- Orphanage game day is confirmed for March 23rd, from 12-4. Evite link is here. Come out and have a great time with some great kids.
- QSchool is tomorrow at Highlands. It will be separate from normal workout. Talk to YHC if you’re interested and need some more information.
- Adopt-A-park is confirmed for tomorrow at Harrisburg Park. 7-11. Come out and put in any time that you have and help push some mulch around. The park really appreciates it and we’re using the park regularly so let’s give back.
- @Clueless is leading Spartan workout on Saturday at the Park. Come out and be a Spartan for a day. You won’t regret it. Sounds like he’s planning some great stuff. Spread the word!!
- Talk to @Landlord on Slack if you want to sponsor any of his miles at Time Laps this year. He’s raising money for orphanages in Africa that @Brutus runs. It’s a great cause. $1 per mile … @Landlord won the Time laps event last year running it by himself. Sponsor him and let’s see how many he can do this year.