All Decked Out!
At 06:55, I was sitting in my dry, warm car parked out in the rain in our normal meeting spot at UNCC – Lot 7 and was wondering who else would venture out of their fart sacks this morning to join us at The Mine Shaft this morning. Looking out in the gloom – and up towards the Cone Deck – I saw some people in the distance by their parked cars and then some movement around them. Wait – there is someone stretching and looks like someone else with a ruck sack. Question to self — is this another exercise group taking over our AO? I better get out and check. Answer, No – it was just the smarter Pax at The Mine Shaft who parked and met in a dry spot for us to get started. Fortunately, Deuce saw the congregation of Pax when he pulled in with Mr. Robot at 06:59 and we had 8 Pax and 2.0’s to get us started thru a relatively dry and enjoyable beat down considering all of the rain that was coming down. Disclaimer given and we were off!
Mosey from the Cone Deck thru the West Deck and down to the Alumni Pavilion for warm-up consisting of:
- Side Straddle Hops (x20, IC)
- Low Slow Squats (x10, IC)
- Tempo Merkins (x10, IC)
- Plank Jacks (x20, IC)
We started the festivities off with a medley of merkin varieties in the pavilion consisting of the following:
- Bear crawl down for 10 hand release merkins and lunge walk back to start
- Crab walk down for 10 hand clap merkins and lunge walk back to start
- Broad jump burpees down for 10 diamond merkins and lunge walk back to start
- Crawl bear down for 10 Carolina Dry Docks and lunge walk back to start
- People’s chair with Air Press (x20, IC)
From there, we headed across the street to the 1st floor of Union Deck for the following: (kudos to a recent back blast from Chicken Strip who I borrowed aka copied this portion of the beat down from).
All exercises were OYO and everyone stayed together with some mumble chatter as well. T-claps to Kilowatt who had his ruck on for most or all of the beat down as well!!!
- WWII Situps (x7)
- Burpees (x14)
- Dips (x21)
- Merkins (x28)
- LBC’s ((x42)
Run to top – Level 5 of the parking deck (and then back down the stairs to the start. This is a pretty long deck so we got some running in while staying dry. YHC learned that Mr. Robot is very ast and appeared that he might lap everyone.
Repeato – all exercises and run to up to the top of the deck and back down the stairs.
From there – we headed up to the 2nd level – no cars there for:
- Suicides — run down to the 1/2 way point for 10 burpees, back to the start for 10 squats, run to the end for 10 burpees and back to the start for 10 squats.
- Parking stripe shuffle with medley of running, shuffles, carioca, etc. to the end of 2nd level and then run back (AYG) to the starting point.
Mosey back thru the West Deck and to the Cone Deck for COT!
COT – Announcements (Q sign-up challenge, run/ruck challenge, upcoming CSAUP events, etc) and closing prayer. Coffeeteria at Chik-fi-Aa as well! Thanks for the opportunity to Q today and thanks to everyone for coming out today – enjoyed it!