Dawgs and Bones
19 men made it out for a perfect February morning in the mid-60s to Shooter’s guest Q at the Dawg House. We welcomed two FNGs (one naming), did the disclaimer and started off with a short mosey to pick up about eight concrete blocks for the beatdown in the parking lot.
- SSHs (15 IC), Hillbillies (15 IC), Finkle Kicks (10 each leg OYO), slow Cotton Pickers with a reach to the sky (10 IC) and arm/shoulder circles with some Michael Phelps.
YHC opened up the bag and dumped out four wooden blocks/dice, with an action to be completed on each roll. The pax rolled all four dice and we performed each of the actions. Some dice had the bonus, “with block” add-on and a handful of ruckers did the BYO thing. We completed about 6-8 rolls. The breakdown of the dice activities were:
- The Merkin dice: Regular Merks on two sides, Tempo Merks, Mountain Climbers+Merk, Peter Parkers, Shoulder Tap Merks
- The ‘mostly’ on your six dice: LBCs, WWIIs, Freddie Mercuries, American Hammer/Russian Twist, Monkey Hummers, and the wildcard F3 dice where the pax that rolls it,, which wasn’t rolled this time
- The mixed dice: Mountain Climbers, Smurf Jacks, Jump Squats, Shoulder Press, Burpees and the J-Los
- The mosey dice: Run lap w/block, Indian Run, Quadraphelia, Run 3 laps, Carioca, and the Bear Crawl
This is the Qs third time bringing the dice to a beatdown and as was the case at the others, the dice liked to land on the same excercise again and again (looking at you Peter Parker and Smurf Jacks), although each AO has a different repeato,
- We took the Thang right to the end. No time for Mary
Prayers / Announcements
- Torch shared he’s raising money for St. Baldrick’s Foundation to battle pediatric cancer.
- Everybody competing in the Fellowship of the Idiots run tomorrow to Morrow Mountain SP
- Ally Davis, 14 year old from Concord, beat cancer two years ago but sadly it has returned. She is at Levine’s right now with stage 3 Hodgkins Lymphoma (story from Molly Grantham at Channel 3 below)
Remember each other and if you haven’t seen somebody in while, send them a text, call, whatever to check in on them and give some encouragement.
It was an honor and pleasure to lead this morning!
This one is heartbreaking. Please take a moment.“It’s a complete whirlwind all over again,” Ally Davis’s dad, Preston,…