Monica Seles visits the Murph
Three runners, one rucker, and one former women’s tennis player showed up at Highland Creek Sports Club on Monday for the monthly running of The Murph. Three more manly men showed up for Mettle but they should have their own backblast shortly. It was cold (35 degrees) but not unbearable and the PAX was shedding outerwear by the middle of the workout. Here’s how it all went down:
- Run One Mile
- 10 pull ups
- 20 merkins
- 30 air squats
- Repeat exercises X 10
- Run One Mile
We combined forces for MARY at the end, with Black Sheep providing our cadence. There was some combination of low flutter, pretzel crunch, and low dolly but you’ll have to read his backblast to be sure.
COT, BOM, and Prayer
- YHC can get a little vocal when I am exerting myself, to the point that @Kleanup compared me to former women’s tennis star (and annoying grunter) Monica Seles. @Gordo then proceeded to provide his own rendition on the pull up bars which was both creepy and entirely accurate. @Hammer got the giggles and lost count on his merkins at which point we had to pull the plug. Personally I think the PAX is just jealous of my physical prowess but who can blame them.
- The PAX was worried that we were being invaded by aliens during the first mile run but it turned out it was only @Nanny in his surprisingly blinky ruck sack. Rumor has it that he has taken over patrol of the heavily monitored intersection at Millstream Ridge and Clarke Creek Parkway and has pulled over more than one fast-walking octogenarian. Further concerns about UFO landings can be found on the Next Door app, along with updated reports on gunshots and stray dogs.
- Lots of mulch piles out there today to help us keep up with the exercise count. But fortunately no steaming piles were produced. Although @Nanny probably has toilet paper hidden in his ruck sack in case any unwelcome deliveries make an appearance. @Moop Dog had no comment on the matter since he wasn’t there today.
- Good work by the Mettle crew this morning who came over a few times to join us for exercises. @Black Sheep looked quite pleased by the AO’s decision to add an alternative to the Murph on the final Monday of the month.
- @Alcatraz has the Q on Tuesday so make sure you don’t miss it. He always something interesting planned for the PAX.
- Thanks to everyone who posted this morning. Lot’s of fun mumble-chatter today.