A Cage fight at the beatdown!!
Thank you Chum for taking us out and bring us to better understand: 2 Samuel 11 1-5
1) Guinness is q’ing the MECA Healthy Eating Challenge. Starts Monday.Let @Guinness know and he’ll invite you to the slack channel. It will be great and will also suck. A lot.
2) Speed for Need is setting up the 2019 Calendar. Contact Exit 54 or Gypsy if you are interested in a race or want to be involved in pushing a chair this race season.
3) Many thoughts and Prayers (TAP) this morning around the local region. Keep your brothers in your mind and reach out to a pax you have not seen in a while.
4) Check out one of the F3 2nd/3rd F organizations: Disaster OPs, F3 Mission trips, Speed For Need, etc.. there is so much more to F3 than just the 1st F morning beatdown.
It has been a while since YHC has been to Piledriver and was so good to catch up with many of the guys that got me started in my F3 journey. Piledrive was the 2nd F3 workout I attended and as mentioned in the gloom this morning, I still holds a special place in my heart as a completely terrible beatdown..
Raining.. 1 bootcamp away from being a FNG.. totally out of shape.. Sucking wind.. but doing everything I could to finish that dang whiteboard of exercises on something called a ladder.. Little did I know that the sadistic Q (aka Chum) did not end the beatdown once you finished the whiteboard… nooooooooo.. That was only the 1st 20 mins (or as he said…”The Warm-up”).. We had to go down the ladder to. Thinking I had nothing left in the tank, I vividly recall, Chum, High Chair, Rib Shack, and Hugo pushing me on, and if it were not for those #HIM, I am fairly confident that after two butt kicking F3 workouts, I would not have returned for a 3rd.
So I owe them a major Thank You: as F3 has changed my life, my relationship with my family, and my relationship with the Great Sky Q!!
Warm up: 1 BLIMPS
- Burpees: 5 OYO
- Lunges: 10 each leg OYO
- Imperial Walkers: 15
- Merkins: 20 Civilian Count
- Plank Jacks: 25 OYO
- Squats: 30 OYO
Mosey to the Tennis court stopping to pick up a few coupons and enter the cage
13 #HIM to the DRP this morning and decided to start their work week by joining YHC in an ole’ fashion Thunderdome match. Little did I know, a little 26 lb concrete block was going to cause as much damage as it did. But you know the rules of Thunderdome..
So once we entered the caged dome you have 2 ways out..you walk out on your own 2 feet… or your carried out. I for one, drawing on inspiration from 2.0 Home-Alone, that was crushing it out there this morning, knew that no matter how bad that block tried to beat me down… it would not win.
Perform one BLIMPS
Partner up: DORA 1,2,3 with coupon (26 lb concrete block)
Pax 1 perform exercise as Pax 2 runs to far end of tennis court for 2 burpees and returns to switch out
- 100 over head press
- 200 WWII sit-ups
- 300 Curls
- join the 6 to finish
Star-fish of Merkins w/ 10 Dry-Docks at center.
- Corner 1: 10 Wide arm Merkins return to center
- Corner 2: 10 Regular Merkins return to center
- Corner 3: 10 Narrow/Diamond Merkins return to center
- Corner 4: 10 Ranger Merkins return to center
- LBC for the 6 or join the 6 to finish
- 6 bomb jacks run to far end of court 1 Dry-Dock
- 5 bomb jacks run to far end of court 2 Dry-Dock
- 1 bomb jacks run to far end of court 6 Dry-Dock
LBC for the 6 or join the 6 to finish
The PAX survived the dome!!! Collect the blocks and exit the cage.
After placing the blocks back in YHC truck, we had just enough time to mossey back to launch site and perform a cool down.
Perform one BLIMPS
Thank you all for allowing me to lead.