The Gremlin Preblast
Inaugural MECA-wide CSAUP workout
named in honor of our very own GREMLIN (aka Rick Vito Pinto)
Saturday, January 19, 2019 6am – 12pm – Rain or Shine!!
11am-? Recover, Refreshments/Food, Third F
UNCC Campus West Deck
8724 Cameron Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223 – see map below or click here
For those who didn’t know Gremlin, he was an F3 Mint Hill Pax member who passed away after a running workout in Jan. 2018 due to a heart attack. He is survived by his wife, Tonya, and three beautiful daughters: Sophia, Gabrielle and Alina. Rick was a UNCC alumni and member of the Kappa Sigma fraternity, hence the workout is being held on UNCC’s campus.
This CSAUP (Completely Stupid and Utterly Pointless) event, will be in his honor and forever memorialize his name. It will be the toughest thing you will ever love to do with 100+ of your closest, sweaty friends. All sixteen MECA AO’s will provide Q’s to lead various pain stations throughout the 8ish mile trek around the UNCC campus that morning but DO NOT let that discourage you from signing up!! Here’s why:
1. There will be a TON of encouragement throughout the event, the energy of the group will be enough to keep anyone going strong. Folks can rest at anytime and there will be water and Gatorade throughout!
2. If someone does get tired or doesn’t want to run anymore, we will have four (4) trucks shadowing the group to help transport folks to the next quadrant or home base.
3. There will be free food and refreshments at the end!!!
4. There is no cost to sign-up, it’s FREE!
5. Lastly, and most importantly, Rick will be participating right along-side us the whole time shouting “I AM A CHAMPION!” If you don’t come, you won’t hear it 😊
Plan for all weather scenarios. This event will be held rain, snow or shine and will most likely be COLD.
SIGN UP AND GET INVOLVED!!
We need Pax volunteers willing to serve in the following roles (especially those who can’t or don’t want to participate in the workout). Indicate your interest on the link below.
- To sign up and/or volunteer for the event, click “HERE“
- A T-shirt has been designed and can be ordered through MudGear – “HERE” (Pre-orders are complete but the order form will reopen soon and remain open until 1/26/19)
- Ride a Bike: Shadow the group and provide support as needed (water, assist medical team, etc.).
- Drive a Truck: Shadow the group to carry coolers of water, transport an injured Pax member or transport Pax to next workout location.
- Take Photographs or Video of the event including Drone footage to be used in next years Gremlin promo.
- You or your company Sponsoring a portion of the workout (T-shirts, food, drinks, giveaways, etc.)
- Want to make a donation to the family? Click “HERE“
Items to Bring:
- Water bottles/bladders
- Gold Bond/Body Glide
- Clothes for the weather
Planning Committee Members (listed by MECA AO)
- Afton: Chicken Strip
- Boondocks: Big Tuna, Deuce
- Comanche: Robins Nest
- Concord: Cupid, Mighty Mouse
- Davis Lake: 2Step
- Dawghouse: Rerun, Kojak
- Harrisburg: Wexler, Scooter, Practice
- Highlands: Barrister
- Kannon: Fire Chicken
- Mineshaft: Astrovan
- Mint Hill: Chum, Highchair
- Precinct: Gentle Grizzly
- Rolling Stone: Kilowatt
- Skywalker: Greek
- Tradition: Guinness
- Valley: Heatstroke
F3 Nation, Inc. (“F3″) is a peer-led, zero-cost non-profit workout group. F3 makes no representations with regard to the skill level of workout leaders, the safety of the exercises performed during workouts or the hazardous nature of the premises upon which workouts are conducted. The men who lead F3 workouts are not paid to do so and no representations of any kind are made by F3 about their skill level. The premises upon which F3 workouts are conducted are not owned or maintained by F3. F3 makes no representations of any kind regarding their safety. Although F3 workouts vary widely in intensity, all F3 workouts tend to be rigorous and are undertaken upon uneven ground during periods of limited visibility. Therefore, there are certain dangers inherent in participating in an F3 workout. Participants must be 18 or older and are assumed to have made their own reasonable decision as to whether they should so participate. Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a father or male legal guardian. F3 disclaims any and all responsibility for any individual’s decision to participate in an F3 workout. By participating in an F3 workout, an individual assumes the risks inherent in doing so. This Disclaimer and Notice is made by F3 on its own behalf and on the behalf and for the benefit of any person leading an F3 workout and/or otherwise acting for the benefit of F3.F3Nation.com Disclaimer