Get your mind out of the gutter!
Nineteen men showed up at Mallard Creek Community Park this morning for yet another disastrous beatdown. Today’s workout featured monkey humping, itchy beards, bottom pushing, and making things wet. Clearly the PAX had more on their mind than just working out today. Fortunately today’s ‘Q’ came prepared to get everyone hot and sweaty, but just not in the way that the PAX had in mind. Here’s how it all went down.
- SSH IC X 15
- IST IC X 15
- CP IC X 15
- MC IC X 15
- Merkins IC X 15
(At this point @Hammer begin to notice that there was a theme building here. YHC is nothing if not predictable.)
Today’s theme (other than the number fifteen) was the Three Man Grinder. The PAX were instructed to form teams of three for three sets of three rounds of varying exercises, mixed in with some other additional rotations as follows:
- Mosey to the small hill in the back corner of the parking lot. 8 to 1 ladder with burpees at the top and WW2 situps at the bottom. Bear crawl the first four sets and quadraphilia the last four.
- Grinder Round One – partner one does squats at the top of the paved road hill, partner two does merkins at the bottom of the hill, partner three runs. Rotate through three sets each.
- Mosey over to the picnic shelter
- Grinder Round Two – partner one rotates through 10 dips/10 inclined merkins/10 declined merkins at the shelter, partner two does lunges at the bottom of the hill, partner three runs. Rotate through three sets each.
- Run a lap around the big lower parking lot, because after all I did promise that there would be a lot of running. Say hello to the ladies at the aerobics workout on the way by.
- Mosey to the rock pile and grab a big one. Rotate through two sets of four exercises each as follows – curls, overhead press, skull crusher, dead lifts (or something like that, I can’t ever remember what they are called). YHC threw the PAX a change up when he promised a rotation through the various rocks but kept switching them back and forth over to their original rocks. (Not as predictable as you thought, huh @Hammer?)
- Mosey up to the parking lot behind the elementary school. Say hello to the men on the lawn crew on the way by.
- Grinder Round Three – partner one does reverse crunches, partner two does Carolina Dry Docks at the far end of the lot, partner three runs. Rotate through three sets each.
- Mosey back up to the top of the hill, pausing at the split rail fence for the six to catch up. Mosey back to the main parking lot for Marry. Thanks to @Hammer for leading the PAX through the wettest, swampiest part of the soccer field after YHC did his best to keep everyone’s feet dry all morning.
- Pretzel Crunch IC X 17, Flapjack (Gordo)
- Dying Cockroach IC X 15 (Hammer)
- Freddy Mercury IC X 15 (Dropcloth)
- The ‘W’ IC X 15 (Disaster)
COT and BOM
- Lots of sexual innuendo out there for some reason today. I hope you men put the 2.0’s to bed early and make the most of your Saturday night with your ‘M’ tonight. Because clearly you need to get it out of your system.
- 1 Corinthians 7:3 “Let the husband give to his wife her due, and let the wife also do likewise to her husband.” See it’s right there in the Bible. So take advantage of it.
- YHC clearly had the “Q-drenaline” going today, staying in front of the PAX for most of the morning. I’m probably going to be feeling that later this afternoon.
- @Hammer the answer to your math problem: 8! = 40,320. I had to ask the ‘M’ how to do that. She’s the math major. I was a business/accounting major. #nerdlove
- Great job on the cadence during Marry today men. It felt like a real aerobic workout out there. @ONJ was right at home.
- If you missed Coffeteria today @Dropcloth showed off an impressive display of Olympic track and field knowledge. I also learned more about the solar eclipse than I ever wanted to know. Special guest appearance by @Black Sheep’s ‘M’.
- The #Highlands Sign Up Genius continues to be pretty empty. Please sign up to ‘Q’ if you haven’t done it in a while.
- Thanks to everyone who posted today. As always, it is an honor to serve you men and to be a part of the F3 community.
Sound off below.