Mountain Music by……Justin Beiber?!?
70 degrees, 90% humidity, 9 men and 23 kettle/dumbbells (hi Clueless). Sounds like a recipe for getting swole. Or maybe just a 45 minute warm-up to prepare for life.
Disclaimer: “don’t get hurt”
Explain the rules. Well, no time to ‘splain, so let me sum up (name that movie)….
Supersets of 3 exercises each, hitting different body parts. Do 10 of each exercise, then 9, then 8….down to 1, with no rest in between exercises.
Single Arm KB Clean/Presses
KB Lawn Mowers
KB Calf Raises
KB Chest Presses
KB Pull-overs (repeat the disclaimer, adding “don’t drop the weight”)
KB Hammer Curls
KB Triceps Extensions
KB Sumo Squats
KB Halo (around and back = 1 rep)
KB High Rows
Mericans (because ‘Merica)
Mary (ain’t nobody got time for that!)
COT (thanks to Bear Claw for taking us out)
1. Clueless coming in hot jammin’ to Alabama was a perfect way to start the workout. SidVicious is pretty sure he had just switched it from Justin Beiber, but I guess we’ll never know…
2. Kojak and I headed out for a few miles beforehand, and did a little recon on the soon(ish)-to-be completed bridge on Roberta and we were able to make it across, albeit dodging some heavy machinery and a few elevation changes. When that’s done, coupling it with the 49s hill might be a good addition to the Bull Run or Road Warrior.
3. Since this apparently was only a 45 minute warm-up for some who shall remain nameless (until I name them), Cooter and Sheep Dog each went off for a post-workout run. Nice work, men.
4. Any day that T-Bone joins the pax is a good day…great to see you back out there. Although since you texted me just as I’m writing this, I can add that, yes, it’s a bad idea to do a shoulder-heavy KB workout just before a PT appointment to work on your shoulder injury. But only one of those things is free…
5. He may be small, but the effort Bear Claw (at 59) puts into KB workouts makes him bigger-than-life.
6. Thanks to Helga for “volunteering” to lead The Rail Yard tomorrow. It will probably be a small group, but sounds like you’ll have some additional obstacles to play on at the park.
7. Had another post-Acceleration Magnificent appearance. They really need to unlock the bathrooms at HRMS.
8. And for those keeping score at home, Starsky would have made it an even 10.
9. Lots going on in MeCa on Monday – DevilsPitchfork, Endurance, Boondocks, SkyWalker, ElDorado, free 5k. Watch e-mail and Twitter for details.
Have a safe and happy 4th of July. Enjoy your freedoms, and pray that we never lose them.