A perfect triple multiple of three, which would have been perfect for my grinders, posted for some hard work on a Monday morning (and then Capri rolled in late and screwed up the numbers – seriously, you live across the street).
A few zigzag laps around the lot to greet the #powerwalkers and get things moving, then circle up
- SSH X 20 IC
- LSS X 20 IC
- MC X 20 IC
- Peter Parker X 20 IC
- Merkin X 15 IC
- LBC X 15 IC
Mosey around behind the tennis courts to the apparently secret large hill that I found on Google Earth last night. It’s a nice hill, so I expect to see more use in the future. Pretty dark back there though, so the headlamps were good.
5 sets of jump squats at the top X 10, merkins at the bottom X 10
5 sets of mountain climbers at the top X 10 , diamonds at the bottom X 5
Mosey along the dicey path around the back of the tennis courts that Arena assured us was a good route to take to the back parking lot near the playground.
Lots of puzzled looks from the pax when they saw the plates on the ground. Those who knew, groaned.
3 man teams for 20 mins of hairburner grinders with a varying rotation of called exercises for the recovering pax. YHC took a solo plate and worked alongside one of the teams.
Midway through, one pass of lunge walking with the plates for a breather.
Final pass on the hairburners was inchworm-style, plate on the feet.
- Flutter X 20 IC
- Dolly X 20 IC
- LBC X 15 IC
- V-UP X ?? IC (body failure)
- Can’t remember
- This is a fun AO with lots of options. Consistent, friendly #powerwalker crowd out there who seem to enjoy watching us do strange things as they laugh and wave.
- Swiss Miss showing repeated states of panic and confusion when I failed to create COP in the exact geometrical center of two different parking lots. Given the Swiss ingenuity of products such as cheese with random asymmetrical holes, and knives with gross reusable plastic toothpicks, I can understand his difficulty at accepting such a haphazard alignment.
- Blue Crush appears to be crushing these workouts. I think he goes almost every day of the week now – solid.
- SS Minnow is 60? No way Bill! Way Ted!. Double Respect my friend.
- Setting up early with the plates in the back lot, when Icicle drives up and proceeds to park directly in front of where I have lined up all of the plates. After a little staring, he figured it out and moved.
- TClaps to our FNG, Coltrane. That is a strong name. He pushed it pretty hard, but knew when to take a break from the plates. I have been down that road before my friend, but I did not stop and spilled my guts everywhere. Good call.
- Q List for Mint Hill still looks extremely heavy in the Capri and Chum world. Need more to take the load from these guys.
Prayers for the families in Columbia, SC dealing with flood recovery. Having seen it firsthand now, it is worse than I imagined and they have a long road ahead.