24 warriors stepped forward in the gloom for their Thursday downPAINment. The mumblechatter started fast and furious as the PAX assembled. YHC built this beatdown from a collection of hated things and was reminded of one more. With the PAX in rare mumblechatter form, today’s Q was already hating the sad reality of actually having to lead this motley crew of miscreants instead of wholeheartedly participating in the smack talk that would follow. (insert tear here) With shovel flag planted and disclaimer given, YHC began a faster than normal (according to @Chopper) mosey for this 1/8 of a ton man. #AlcatrazSelfProclaimedPound4PoundSpeedChampion
Circle up in the bus parking lot for WARMARAMA:
- SSH x 15
- IST x 15
- Mountain Climber x 15
- Windmill x 10
- Merkin x 7 (@Gump’s preferred warm-up number)
Circle tightened up for two things YHC hates.
- Jack Webb
- starting with 1 merkin and 4 airpresses and progressing to 10 merkins and 40 airpresses
- Dan Taylor
- starting with 1 squat and 4 single leg lunges and progressing to 10 squats and 40 single leg lunges
Slow painful mosey to the track on the other end of the bus parking lot as feeling came back in most of the PAX’s legs.
Divided into some semblance of four groups at each corner of the track (@ColMustard assisted his group in determining where their corner actually was located). With some running (YHC hates running) in between the following 4 exercises (hate x 4) commenced at their respective corners:
- Burpee x 5
- WW2 Sit ups x 10
- Hand Release Merkin x 15
- Mason Twist x 20 (Tclaps to those who felt counting each side was too easy #RedPill)
After a few rounds, time was called and the PAX circled back up only to hear, “what goes up, must come down” (a most hated phrase). @Derby had heard enough and headed for the car (was he filled with hate or just out of time? @Derby, please let us know in the comments). Those who remained started Jack Webb at 10 merkins and 40 airpresses. However, YHC knew there wasn’t enough time to complete the series and just wanted to hear the groans of the PAX at the thought of continuing all the way back down. #LovedHearingTheHate
Mosey back for MARY:
- LBC x 20
- Low Flutter x 20
- Pretzel Crunch x 15
- Low Dolly x 15
COT and BOM!
- Oct 10 Convergence at Tradition with Dredd and OBT in attendance. 7:00 beatdown and 8:00 breakfast with Dredd/OBT Q&A.
- Great push by the PAX today! And nice move by some of the groups to stay together on the track. So was the PAX unified by the things they hate or was it the 2nd F? I prefer to believe it was the fellowship. No place for hate in the 2nd F!
- Welcome @Barnabas and @SpiderMonkey to F3 Nation! Keep posting and attend the next Q school to spread the hate, I mean love, by leading a workout sooner rather than later. As of this morning, there were only 3 HC to Q from now until the end of January in Highlands. I double dog dare the PAX to join YHC and sign up for a couple spots today!
- Glad @Dingo and @Coyote migrated away from their normal habitat to join us!
- Remember the brothers who are participating in the BRR. Pray for safe driving and running.
- Things YHC learned today before 5:30a this morning…
- @Chopper will turn around and go back home in order to not pull an Elvis even though this made him uncharacteristically late. Not that we hate on anyone who pulls up at the last minute. Hey @Parkour!
- @Gump is a self-proclaimed “average” man.
- But according to @Gump, @PonyBoy is not.
- YHC has no desire to verify either one of those claims
- Nor does he care how @Gump knows intimate details about @Pony Boy
- It is YHC’s unwavering belief – wait for it…
WE ARE NOT THAT KIND OF MEN’S GROUP!
In closing, I’d like to leave you with the words of the great philosopher – RedFoo, “now stop! hatin’s bad!” For those of you unfamiliar with the prolific theories of RedFoo, click on link RedFoo Philosophy and listen at 2:38 into the presentation.
Always an honor to lead the PAX!