10 men started together, 12 men ran, 11 men finished together. How is that possible? As they say in the F3 world, you had to show to know.
YHC decided to bring some timed intervals (some like to call these Fartleks, but those are technically spontaneous distances and not time-based…but I digress). We split into two groups and embarked on the following:
- Start with a 5 minute warm-up jog down the Hill of Shadow, hang a right on the greenway, and keep going.
- 6 cycles of a 30-second run at 80-90% effort followed by a 2-minute slower jog for a total of 15 minutes.
- Turn around, rinse and repeat the 6 cycles for another 15 minutes.
- Recover with a 5 minute slow jog.
- AYG up the Hill of Shadows for a strong finish!
Strong work by all this morning! Interval training is a great way to prepare for any length race or just to get in better shape.
Don’t forget that Tradition on Tap is tonight at 7pm at the Carolina Ale House. Pints are on sale! Also, this Friday is the first book study on “The Measure of a Man.” Meet right after the morning beatdown, 6:20am at Caffeccinos (formerly Caribou in front of the Harris Teeter).