9 pax started their week off right with a little El Dorado before their coffee. Then after El Dorado no one had any energy to drink coffee.
The goal of this workout was to get some sustained vertical running in order to simulate the climbs on the BRR. This one was very running and leg heavy and light on the upper body; as light as a mile of bear crawl can be.
- Partner up. Speed matters. This is a race after all.
- Partner 1 & 2 run up the ramps to the doorway to the Mineshaft.
- Both partners reverse course to go back down the ramps.
- Partner 1 running
- Partner 2 doing bear crawl on flats and walking clap lunges on down ramps. If Partner 2 gets to the bottom before partner 1 catches them, they will do People’s Choice Mary.
- Partner 1 will run all the way back down, all the way back up, and then back down again until he finds partner 2.
- If partner 2 did not make it to the bottom (and is doing Mary), then the penalty is one down ramp of burpee broad jumps. After penalty is paid, run to bottom of ramps.
- Repeato with partner 2 being the “runner.”
- Repeato until time is called.
The Naked Moleskin:
- The Highland pax is loving the new 485 route to El D. Shazam clocked it at 9 minutes today.
- Most guys made 4 trips up the deck (24 floors) and at ~12 ft per floor we are giving the morning a tally of 288 feet of climbing. That number in itself is not that impressive, but I think all the bear crawl, lunges, and burpee broad jumps made it a lot tougher. It seemed way tougher than the 7.8 mile, 633 feet of climb Sunday run. Shazam quickly pointed out that the Sunday run likely made this harder….true…
- This was a different kind of El Dorado. It was hard, but not intense/flashy hard – it was a real grind. By the time we made it back to the parking lot I just had NO energy left. That Vita Coca water tasted so dang good.
- Two of the sweaty pax were not headed to the showers. They were headed straight to work. They were planning to take the Daily Shower Pill. #DSP??? Shazam was going king sized name brand while Chavez was going with the budget conscious option….Chik-fil-a moist towelettes. Can’t wait to hear how that worked out….