11 men from MeCa gathered for #LastCall and hurled a few insults at the JV team (that 6:00a workout) as they finished up with time to spare. YHC hopes they started early. Nevertheless, our mumblechatter guilted @Glock into staying for the warmup. FNG Devin was welcomed, disclaimer given and we were off.
- SSH x 19
- IST x 17
- Mountain Climbers x 15
- Windmill x 13
- Merkins x 11
Mosey to baseball concession stand and partner up. Partner 1 holds down the People’s Chair while partner 2 does 10 box jumps then switch. One set only as we had lots of reps to go.
Mosey to rock pile and the PAX was instructed to get a medium size rock. Holding on to rock, circle up for 1 minute each of:
- Romanian deadlift
- Calf Raises
Along the side of the road the PAX partnered up again. Partner 1 runs around grass island sans rock while partner 2 starts the following with the rock:
- 150 Lunges with Overhead Press
- 200 Merkins with hand on rock switching hand on every multiple of 10
- 250 Squats with Curls aka. as Major In The Morning (explanation below)
- 300 Bentover Rows
Time was called and the PAX moseyed back to the concession stand for the Pretzel Crunch x 15 each side. YHC demonstrated some awkward cadence calling at this juncture (see Moleskin for explanation and a lame attempt at redemption).
Mosey continued to the parking lot for Mary:
- Low Flutter x 25
- The Squirm x 20
- Low Dolly x 15
- The W x 15
- Rosalita x 15
COT and BOM (locked shields version)
- @MajorPain never disappoints. He led the charge in recognizing/ridiculing the JV team. It was a struggle for him to select anything less than the largest rock in the pile, but he followed the Q’s suggestion. He didn’t listen to the Q as he took one lap holding the rock over his head (much to the dismay of his partner, @Chowder, as it meant more time to do reps). And finally, his comments named the downPAINment. While YHC was explaining Squats with Curls, @MajorPain declared it was how he had to get out of bed every morning because of, well, um, you know.
- FNG Devin is the 2.0 of @Brinkley. So to keep the great legacy of Sports Illustrated swimsuit models in the family, a name was selected. B Decker. It continues the family tradition and ushers in the new generation. Great work today.
- Only one team completed all the reps – @Conchito and @Murdock. They were led by @Conchito’s Merkin superpower. Well done.
- YHC has been reading #FreedToLead and made an attempt that can only be labeled as #FAIL. The hope was to substitute the mission of F3 as a way to call cadence. “To plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.” It was one of those things that sounded like a good idea in theory, but didn’t translate to reality.
- Announcement was made for F3 Dads at Pathers Stadium today at 1p
- Requests were made to remember those who are walking though loss of loved ones. It’s never easy.
It is always an honor to lead the PAX.