8 men shook off the dust and broke into the gloom to begin what will be a journey they will never forget! 20 weeks from now, each of these men will run the Thunder Road Full or Half Marathon! Today we took the first step in a 20 week journey that will make or break us. BUT together we will do this!
2 options to get us started this morning. A 4 miler or a 3 miler.
Turn right out of Church and up to DeArmon. Turn around and run back to AO, do a lap around Church to get full 3 miles in. 4 milers continue on down to the business park 1 mile route and back to AO.
The Sweat Dripping Moleskin;
- Great work men!
- I am really looking forward to this training! Last year Funky Bunch and I did the Half training pretty much on our own. I think having a larger support group is gonna make this a little easier.
- Remember, we are all going to struggle at different stages through out this 20 week period. Support each other. Encourage each other. Push each other. Together we are stronger.
- Great 2ndF on the run. I’d forgotten how much I enjoyed the fellowship of a nice cruise! We even covered politics and religion without killing each other 😉
- Shout out to @Coyote – Not easy for the big guys to run, but you did it bro! One step at a time!
- Good to see our F3DavisLake brothers @The Farm, @Cinderblock and @King Julian – I hope you bring Piston and Preamble with you next week!
- @BlindDate – Awesome job not stopping at the 3 mile mark! There were a couple little questioning groans from you, but a slight encouragement and you hit the road again and knocked out 4!
- @trail Mix – I hope your knees are OK bro? Rest up
- @Urlacher – Does everyone know that Urlacher ran a half marathon drunk?!!