Five strong PAX, including YHC, gathered to stretch and and keep themselves limber. It was fast paced and intense. So much so that one Pax was overheard saying, “I should have went running”. Got to take the compliments when you can!
The Thang.. (All stretches require deep inhale/exhale, on exhale increase stretch)
- Swan Dive into the pool, Chaturanga/Vinassa (includes Updog and Downdog)
- Neck stretch – pulling arm behind back, lean neck to opposite side
- “Back up the Car” Neck Stretch– Lock hands on steering wheel, turn head to the left/right
- Head Rolls – Side to side
- Horse Stance Shoulder stretch – Palms up, arms out, try to touch thumbs behind back
- Forearm flexor stretch– on all 4’s, fingers to side/facing knees, Lean sid2side/back
- Forearm in Cement – Wait, what are we squeezing (#hadtobethere)
- Arm Circles – Small/Med/Large – forward/reverse (#soundsoptional)
- Shoulder-Tricep grab – Extend arm across chest, lock elbow with opposite arm
- Standing Side Stretch – Arm up, lean to opposite side, repeato
- Back (spine) Rollers – On six, roll/rock on back to massage spine
- Cat/Cow – Inhale to concave back, exhale to arched back while on all 4’s
- Glute Stretch – on back, L ankle over R knee, reach and grab right ham, pull in – Repeato
- Wide Feet Forward Bend to Half Twist – 1 hand on ground, other to the sky, look up
- Camel (no “toe” here 🙂 – on knees, lean back, place hands on soles of feet
- Camel Back – same as above but proceed to lie on ground (#howdokidsdothis)
- Kenpo Quad Stretch – Slide knee up, sit on heel, grab opposite foot and pull, repeato
- Bow – on stomach, grab feet, push chest up & pull legs up
- Low Squat (AKA Mistletoe)- Horse stance, lower butt until elbows lock inside knees
- Frog – all I can say is, “did you feel that one?”
- Plough – legs up, lower legs over head, relax over ears – BREATHE!!
- One Legged Hamstring Stretch – Self explanatory, repeato other leg
- Two Legged Hamstring Stretch– Self explanatory, repeato other leg
- Scissor Legs – ballistic hamstring stretch, 1 foot 6″ off ground, other straight up, repeato
- Train Track Stretch – Feet apart, one leg slightly forward, swan dive over forward leg, repeato
- Toe Flexors – rotate ankle/foot left/right/point/flex, repeato
- Downdog – in position alternate bending knees for extra calf stretch
- Updog – make sure tops of feet are on ground for top foot front calf stretch
- Childs Pose – on knees, rest on heels, arms outstretched in front, chest to ground
COT – Lead by Casper
1. Great work by all – I know some of the positions/stretches were tough but your body will thank you in the long run. Don’t let your “lack of flexibility” stop you from coming, keep coming so you can get MORE FLEXIBLE!
2. Thursday Bootcamp at the Ridge – @SSMinnow has the Q.
3. Prayers still needed for Billy Goat and family.
4. Acceleration (not Endurance 😉 Friday at HRMS- TheMagnificent has the Q
5. KB’s Friday at Stallings Park – Schedule C has the Q
6. F3 Dad’s Workout and Pancake Breakfast – 6/20 (anyone have electric griddles? Get with Clueless)