Three strong PAX, including YHC, gathered to stretch their sore muscles. It was so overwhelming they ended the Broga session in the fetal position.
Purpose – Focus on Balance Poses and Stretching to work core and strengthen/stretch aching muscles
Mountain Pose (Namaste) – 5 deep breaths & exhales
Tip of the day – Clear Your Mind
- Wide Feet – inhale up, swan dive , hang downward and fold arms – 5 Breaths
- Bent Torso Twist (left hand on ground, right up to sky) – 5 Breaths, repeato.
- Horse Stance – 5 inhale/exhale while reaching arms out front and opening up chest
Positions – all require 3-5 deep inhale/exhale, on exhale increase stretch
- Tree – Left Leg, Right Leg (30sec ea)
- Royal Dancer (aka Lynn Swan)
- Standing Leg Extensions – Knee to chest, extend, Knee to chest, extend (Go for toe lock)
- Crane – Knees in armpits, lean forward, balance on hands, toes off ground, don’t fall forward,
- Seated Spinal Stretch – Pull leg under opposite, Twist, 5 breaths, twist more on exhale
- Cat/Cow – Inhale to Cat, Exhale to Cow
- Frog – all I can say is, “did you feel that one?”
- Bridge to Wheel – roll up on shoulders, pelvis up, hug knees to chest, whee
- Plough – legs up, lower legs over head, relax over ears – BREATHE!!
- Table – Head back, torso up – strong core
- Cobbler Pose – feet together near groin, hinge, stretch arms out as far as you can
- One Legged Hamstring Stretch – Self explanatory, repeato other leg
- Two Legged Hamstring Stretch– Self explanatory, repeato other leg
- Side Twist – on back, knees up, arm to sides, rotate L/R
- Glute Stretch – on back, L ankle over R knee, reach and grab right ham, pull in – Repeato
- Happy Baby – on back, legs up, grab inside of feet, rock side2side
- Childs Pose – on knees, rest on heels, arms outstretched in front, chest to ground
Mary – after an exhausting stretch the PAX fell into….
1. Corpse Pose (Shavasana) – on back, close eyes, sink into ground with every exhale
2. Fetal Position – L side with R hand under head, knees to chest, repeato
3. WAKE UP!
COT – Lead by Capri
1. HC for the BEAR – http://f3nation.com/2015/04/10/the-bear-2015/
2. Thursday Bootcamp at the Ridge – @Solocup has the Q.
3. Prayers still needed for Billy Goat and family.
4. Humpday Happy Hour – no Q posted! Anyone want to jump in and host?