All the details you need for 2015 F3 Golf. If you still have questions, hit the comments or email F3Golf@gmail.com
LOCATION AND TIME
- This Thursday, April 30.
- Check In begins at 11:00 AM.
- Lunch will be served.
- Driving range and putting green (and contest) open at 11:00.
- Shotgun start at 1:00 PM.
- We will award prizes in the club house at the conclusion of the round.
We’ve decided that handicaps are for those who need them. There’s no net winner in the Mud Run or weight classes in street fights. Law of the jungle applies: low gross wins; everyone else loses. For every winner there’s dozens of losers. Odds are you’re one of them.
If it were left solely to your golf Qs, we play rain or shine.
OS is motivated to get us on the course but ultimately they make the final call. Keep an eye on your inbox for an email from F3Golf@gmail.com and the @F3Golf twitter feed.
- We are trying something different this year: Event is BYOB. OS is aware and has approved Pax bringing coolers of your favorite beverages. Keep in mind that NoDa Brewing and Jack Daniels will both have reps set up at separate tee boxes and will be handing out free samples.
- The event is also Bring Your Own Cash (or check). There are no ATMs on site and we don’t have the ability to accept credit cards. Every dollar raised goes to Leap efforts. #GiveItAway applies to your twenties as well as F3.
- After the Beer Wench Debacle of 2014, we made some off season moves on drivers. OBT aka “One Beer Thursday” is shaking his weasel on the course this year and Belk has conveniently arranged a business trip to SoCal. So go ahead and follow @StageCoach_F3 and @F3Chanel and be sure to put in your requests for soda, water, and various snack items. #KaleChips
- You are on your own for dinner. The OS bar / concession area will be open if you need to use it.
- Slaughter brings out his drone (weather permitting) Go Pro and other accessories necessary to record the events for the Backblast. He can be bribed, but he can’t be bought.
T-Claps to our main sponsors who make it possible to feed and hydrate the Pax during the tournament.
LUNCH: Skywalker (Jim Fagan) is our lunch sponsor for the second year in a row. If you are looking for a realtor, give Skywalker a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SNACKS: Booty (Spencer Lueders) and Spandex (Basil Lyberg) have generously stepped up, on behalf of 24HoursOfBooty, to sponsor snacks for the second year running. Check them out at www.24HoursofBooty.org and take part in the event or, for the non-bikers, HaywoodStock, on Haywood’s lawn.
Like last year, hole sponsor response was outstanding:
- Area 51’s Hydra Pax – First in, first paid.
- Bulldogs Matter Tutoring – Speak softly and donate a big check. These guys get it done.
- Area 51’s Day Zero Pax – Jets
- Area 51’s The Rock Pax – Sharks
- Area 51’s Death Valley Pax – The maternal Grand Daddy of A51 workouts
- Metro’s Pate – Supporting SF Bay Area Leap
- Metro’s Girardi – Supporting SF Bay Area Leap
- Area 51’s Skunkworks Pax – Hardest workout sponsors hardest hole
- Billingsville Tutors – Speak softly and donate a big check, Pt. 2.
- Kickin’ Chicken / Arcadia Homes – KC investing in F3 for 2nd year in a row.
- Midtown Consulting Group – Flutie Flakes brings on his employer as first time sponsor.
- Area 51’s Meathead Pax – #MadGains, Bro. Did you skip leg day, or are you riding a chicken?
- Bare A. Cuda – Supporting SF Bay Area Leap
- NoDa Brewing Co. – Not only are they bringing some juice, they are sponsoring a hole.
- Horne Heating & Air – Not one, but two holes. The Fort’s own Ductwork is a legit businessman: His name is on the truck – not his face.
- Axa Advisors – Bucky brings home the sponsorship
- PhysioFocus PT – Skywalker’s PT of choice. And he should a thing or two about PTs….
- @LibatedCamel – The unofficial twitter feed of A51 HDHA. Not just limited to an hour anymore–now all afternoon. Insurance sales…that’s the life. Ran out of holes, so LC gets a bunker. #Wheelhouse
Expo Sponsors will be on site to make you aware of their cause and products:
- Let Me Run – A long time F3 partner will be there. Drop in to visit and sign up. Consider it preventative medicine for SadClownism. Nip it early before it becomes intractable in midlife.
- Jack Daniels – Old No. 7 will be at Hole #7 to pass out (bad word choice: to distribute) samples of their new Jack Fire product.
- Shots of whiskey and AR-15s? Sounds stupid enough for us. Charity Golf Guns will also be on Hole 7. For $5, you get to shoot a golf ball 400 yards out of a modified AR-15.
- NoDa Brewing – Bringing out samples of one of their fine offerings.
- Pate will don his SF gear and egg you on to Beat the Pro on Judge Smails’ hole.
GAMES, CONTESTS, RAFFLES, GIVEAWAYS
A big thanks to our Sponsor and Donor Qs, Brown and Prohibition. They’ve come through with some great prize packages, raffle items and give aways.
- Mulligan Package – Standard fare, with a pair of mulligans, a ladies tee and probably something else. We’ll let you know when you get there. A $99 value is yours for only $20.
- Beat the Pro – Golf Pro Judge Smails returns to relieve you of your hard earned money. Stick it closer to the pin than he does and you take his. $5 minimum bet for the timid. All pax encouraged to play.
- Half and Half Putting Contest – $5 entry, at the practice green. Sink the putt and win half of the kitty. Sudden death putt off if needed. Enter as many times as you want, you just can’t putt twice in a row.
A truck load of prizes, raffle/auction items and giveaways, some of which include:
- Two (4) man USMC Mud Run race entries, compliments of our friends at the Mud Run.
- Visors and race socks from Mud Gear.
- A couple of Grey Goose gift baskets
- A couple of Bacardi gift baskets
- A Bacardi refrigerator. No joke.
- A 28 kg competition kettlbell and lifting accessories from Muscle Driver USA. You should give MD a follow on twitter, too: @MuscleDriverUSA. They have great flash deals on KBs (and other equipment) and are local to CLT, right across from Carowinds, so you save big on shipping.
- Complementary foursome from Olde Sycamore.
- And a number of golf swag packages…
Bring your singles for raffle tickets and walk away with some SWAG.
Everyone who submitted a foursome got their requests. There have been a few last minute adjustments to the pairings so we will release the final copy at check in on TH.
Looking forward to seeing you on the course.
F3 Golf Qs,
Bananas, Brown, Prohibition and TR