Dang… 22 degrees and falling as the feet hit the floor. Nothing like some solid speed work to warm up, get the blood flowing and (unless you’re a properly layered @TheNanny) sweat a little. A solid five #faithful stood in the gloom at 0530… until we saw the @Stoli-mobile (right on @Stoli-time) followed by @TheNanny-mobile (on @Stoli-time plus). YHC spit some variation of the #disclaimer and we rolled out only three minutes behind schedule.
Warm up mile at fellowship pace past the golf club (hey, wait… @Google’s here! Where did he come from? Clearly he must have arrived via a one-legged-Flintstone-mobile at way-past-Stoli-time), driving range and @Conchito snuggled up in his fartsack, up to HCP at Whistler’s Chase.
– Run ~0.5 mile @Bootstrap straight-away at 5k pace to back entrance; recover.
– Rinse and repeat until we run out of time (total of 4 x 0.5 mile)
– Fellowship pace back to HCES with a horseshoe adder and a few striders mixed in to get the fast-twitch fibers firing
COT and BOM
– Run the Creek 5k – March 21 @ HCES – great community event with lots of F3 participants; get ready via speed each Friday and throw down come race day. Sign up at www.setupevents.com
– USMC MudRun – April 11 near Columbia – sign-ups are open now via f3nation.com or look for an email to be coming soon. Let’s get two FULL buses!
The Face-masked Moleskine
– Solid effort across the board today with splits ranging from 3:00-4:00 per half… all very respectful times; Run the Creek is gonna see some F3 domination with those times.
– Strong pace set by @Nanny, @Stoli and @Skipper right around the 3:03 mark.
– Running on one leg doesn’t seem to be slowing @Google down at all, but pushing the pace on the final set will cause him to #spillmerlot
– Great to see @Glock pull @Blacksheep out there… keep bringing each other back.
– Also nice to have @Bling out there… see you again next week so we can work on your pacing. Great no-quit persistence, brother!