7 of MECA’s faithful Friday speedsters braced themselves in the windy gloom for a speedy workout.
Mosey to lower parking lots zig-zagging through the three levels:
High knees, Stoli Skip, Karaoke L/R, Backwards/Forwards
Mosey to the track
4 x 400 at 75%
4 x 200 jog between 400’s
Hopscotch (yeah, that was impromptu)
Mosey to bus lot
3 sets of suicides at the basketball goals
Set 1: 1 jump squat at goal #1, 2 jump squats at goal #2, 3 jump squats at goal #3
Set 2: 1 merkin at goal #1, 2 merkins at goal #2, 3 merkins at goal #3
Set 3: repeato of Set 1
Foot speed work at the hopscotch court
3 x each hopscotch court (7 of them?)
Zig-zag Indian Runs around bus lot to Mary
Mason twist X12, low dolly x12, low flutter x12, crunchy frog x15, WWII situps x12
Naked and Windy Moleskin:
1) Thanks for the push today fellas. YHC was bringing up the six on all of the 400 intervals. Nice to get some cold air into my lungs. Something was moving around in there besides the air!
2) Stoli was ready to head to Mary at 0600 but much to his chagrin, there were 2 more sets of hopscotch.
3) Welcome to Mario from Tradition. He may be a regular at Speed now with his comment, “Ya’ll run around here!”. See you next Friday!
4) Nice to see at least 1 person was wearing shorts after my PB Tweet on Thursday evening.
5) It was NOT 45 degrees this a.m. My iphone and car can’t calculate wind, but it was at least -30 with wind chill.
6) On this day in 1973, KISS gave their first public performance at New York’s Coventry Club.