Looking for a New Year’s resolution? How about a 3rd F goal to start off 2015? Join YHC for #Savor34! #Savor34 is a 3rd F challenge designed to help us build a pattern of savoring God’s Word. The challenge is based on Psalm 34:8, “Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!” Time in God’s word is not intended to be solely a discipline, but also a delight. Join us as we seek to train ourselves to “taste and see that The Lord is good.”
Here is some more info on #Savor34
Before Jan 1 each participant will select a book of the bible (choose your own adventure). Then, starting on Jan 1 you will read one section of the book, like the verses under one heading, and find one verse to focus on. If you don’t find a verse that stands out in one section just keep going at your own pace.
Then…savor that verse…taste and see that The Lord is good. Maybe that means reading it many times over and over, or journaling about it, or just praying about how it applies to your life.
And then here is one important step: copy and paste the verse you are focusing on that day and post it (or part of it), on Twitter with the hashtag #Savor34. This gives you the privilege of helping others taste and see that the Lord is good.
You, YHC and any other PAX that would like to join in.
Why? Five simple reasons why this is Not CSAUP
1. We are called to spend time in God’s word which is described as living and active (Hebrews 4:12), and as “a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105).
2. Time in God’s word is not intended to be solely a duty, but also a delight, that is why we are invited to “taste and see that The Lord is good.
3. A little accountability helps.
4. Your twitter posts will encourage others and reading the scripture others post by following the hashtag will be encouraging.
5. “While bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.” -1 Timothy 4:8
How do I get started?
1. HC below, then spread the word and EH others.
2. Choose the book of the bible you will start with. If it is short come up with what book you will read next.
3. Go ahead and post something like this on Twitter: “I am in for #Savor34. Want to join me? More info here: http://f3nation.com/?p=137557.”
4. Starting on Jan 1, read your section, study and savor your verse, post your verse, or part of your verse on Twitter for accountability and mutual encouragement…don’t forget to use the Hashtag #Savor34 so others can find your post.
5. Follow along with others!
34 days? You got this. Looking forward to encouraging one another to enjoy God’s word.