One year (and change) has past since my first post. Men have come and gone but overall, the PAX has grown. It is great to see. I am proud to be a part of this. Apparently, so were 17 other men who shared this experience with me today, as we remembered our favorite tunes from the past year.
Going through old backblasts brought back all kinds of memories… kinda like hearing that Crash Test Dummies song… MMMMMMMM. Wanna hear it? Here it goes!
Warmup: Mosey around the lot. High Knees, Butt Kickers, Karaoke left/right. Circle up.
(In 4x Cadence) Side straddle hop x20, Windmill x10, Imperial Storm Trooper x20
Mosey to the entrance and get into two groups. Group one- Balls to the Wall / Group 2- dips x20. Switch it up.
Mosey to Peoples Field: Partner up. Partner push to midfield then swtich.
COP (getting to the Deep Cuts): 1 minute each with 15 seconds rest between:
Burpee, Elbow Plank, Air Squat, Hand-Release Merkin, Lunge, Mountain Climber, Reverse Burpee (I love that tune!), Cross Climber, Monkey Humper
Can’t forget my JAM! Mahktar N’Dye x20
Mosey to the courtyard. Group 1- Stepup x20 / Group 2- T-Merkin OYO Switch
Pause at the end zone. SPRINT!
Mosey to The Ridge… Up and over
Heard this one in Chapel Hill… Partner up, Old School Situps on the hill. Switch.
Back over The Ridge and Jailbreak to the LP for Mary.
Bicycle x25, LBC x25, Squirm x20, Crunchy Frog (SoloCup) x20, Airborne Mind Bender
- Always great to lead this group. Thank you for your friendship over the past year. I recall thinking that this was nuts during the first post. I mean, who would call a jumping jack a “side straddle hop” and why? Who would even come up with that? Those thoughts still come to mind every now and again…
- As I heard at the first post from Escalade, “It won’t get easier but you will get stronger.” I have to agree.
- Now that all four seasons have been experienced in the Gloom, I think I can do it again. So if I can do it, you can too. There is something special about sweat-cicles in Febuary.
- Shout out to SoloCup for sharing the first post with me. Good times, brother.
- Food Pantry – Bring Laundry Detergent or dish soap!