Despite the ample warnings by YHC, 23 PAX who like to #dohardthings posted for El Dorado in an effort to establish a new standard. Even @Chavez fought off his second thoughts after waxing about the pre-blast and literally (<— actual proper use of the word) LIFOed in the gloom. Too bad @Dropcloth and @LawDawg couldn’t overcome the fear. So, with warm-up laps completed, legs stretched, disclaimer butchered and heads properly adjusted, 0515 arrived. Let’s go to work.
Run the Mantrip Mile to the North Deck
Don’t stop – run up the Stairway to Heaven
AYG across the top and down the Mine Shaft
Reverse flow up the MS across the top and down StH
Rinse and repeat – track your laps for your personal standard
0605 – AYG on the Mantrip Mile back to the VSF
Virtual podium presentation
COT and BOM
Uh, none. #boring
The Half-Naked Moleskin (recruited by Winnebago in the Shirts v. Skins challenge)
– You’re all thinking it, so I’ll go ahead and get it out of the way… dang, @Minnow! Just… dang! That was strong. New standard for up and down is set at 13x. Did you lap the entire PAX? I know you lapped most of us at least twice. Dang! Next up… #muthaship
– Joining on the podium: @Bull and @Frodo with @Nanny and @Stoli on their heels – solid chase men. Solid. Though not sure there was anything anyone could do to stop the Minnow-train today.
– @Bootstrap – crushing it this a.m. until the wall hit at 6am. Way to power through and keep moving. And @BBQ – way to dig deep brother. Thought I had you tracked down, but I couldn’t keep the pedal floored long enough to break you; instead you flipped the script and put your foot firmly on YHC’s throat (and didn’t let up.) I’d blame it on the age gap, but…
– Lots of “no quit” out there today (a requirement for today’s beatdown) from the entire PAX… @Tread, @Winnebago, @Skipper, @SoloCup, @Oz, @BanjoBoy, @Striker, etc. Many, many more. The monotony of today’s Thang forces you to up your mental game or else it breaks you. If you get sucked in to focus on your pain, you’re toast. Learn to get comfortable being uncomfortable. Lots of practice with that today for the full hour… remember, the Leatherneck is an hour plus.
– Not enough work for you @Swami that you had to start throwing Merkin sets in there? Yikes! You should have asked @Nanny to borrow his gloves. Who wears gloves for a purely running beatdown? Like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Maybe Leatherneck prep to practice how you play? Or a germ-barrier for all the handrails?
– I see @Pavarotti is getting serious (I could tell b/c he turned his hat backwards) about his Leatherneck prep with a back-to-back long run and El D… focused on strengthening your weakness with distance? Love the commitment. #TeamFourtitude
– @Gulfstream – thought we had lost you at one point… came down StH and you had your head in your hands, but you shook it off and hung on my shoulder to power back up the climb. Way to bounce back and stay strong.
– @Gapper – impressive return on the heels of a weekend Ruck… T-claps on your accomplishment this weekend and for posting today, brother! Ruck-claps to @Gamma, @ScheduleC and @Deuce as well.
– Team Shirts started out strong, only to see multiple defections to Team Skins. The wall at the bottom of StH looked like the balcony rail on laundry day at a city high rise…
– Good to see numerous El Dorado FNGs today like
– @Treadstone – happy birthday brother! I would make a bigger deal about it but @LawDawg would clown me.
– I hope everyone tracked your personal lap count today so you can gauge your progress WHEN we come back to this beatdown again later. You v. you. You’re Welcome.