11 PAX (new Wednesday record?) clawed their way thru the humidity this morning for a full-body conditioning drill…
Mosey around the Grove/Georgia/Cabarrus/Yorktown block alternating high knees, butt kickers, karaoke and slow jog
Circle up on the blacktop:
- SSH x 25
- Cotton pickers x 20
- Goosesteps down and back
Mosey to the field between the swingsets, circle up
- SSH – 1 minute
- Baby burpees (just a burpee where you go back and forth between crouch position and the pushup) – 1 minute
- Chinese merkens (start in down dog, go to the ground, go to up dog, back to the ground) – 1 minute
- Mountain climbers – 1 minute
- Brazilians – 1 minute
- Squat walks – 1 minute
- Low flutters – 1 minute
- Twisting sit-ups (sit-up where you bring opposite elbow to opposite knee) – 1 minute
- Teeter totter stretch (on your back bring your feet up and over your head and touch the ground behind your head; then bring them straight down, sit up and reach to your toes) – 1 minute
- Recover – 1 minute
- Plank for one minute
- Circle Supermans
- Core killers (Indy audible)
- Mason twists (KGB audible)
- In-and-outs w/ hold
- Alternating scissor kicks w/ hold
A few rambling thoughts after this damp and exceedingly humid morning:
Very impressive turnout for a Wednesday, pretty sure 11 is our record.
Many PAX were rocking the new t-shirts this morning. Rest assured they were properly christened after rolling around in the grass for 20 minutes – mine went straight in the washer.
I pulled most of this WOD off a jiu-jitsu training website. One 10 minute circuit is their recommendation for a good warmup. Just keep that in mind if you ever want to give jiu-jitsu a shot.
The baby burpees, Chinese merkens, mountain climbers and Brazilians back-back-back-to-back was an absolute gauntlet. Destroyed my shoulders.
Seven of us pulled the two-a-day, with Indy leading our first Muckle Flugga incursion in a couple months. We knocked out hill sprints, wall muscle-ups, sidewinders, hanging toe raises, reverse bear crawls, parallel bars and quadromania… NFL training camp’s got nothing on the Concord PAX.
Thanks to everyone who made it today, way to bring the effort. Good luck to R2D2 on his 10 mile Goruck this Saturday. A gentle plea to Hipbone to take it easy on us tomorrow after getting crushed these last two days.
Last but not least, big welcome to Purple Crayon (one of the original PAX from the founding F3 unit), hope we didn’t disappoint.