A solid 15 PAX cut through the thick morning gloom to post for another rudderless, aimless, rambling Cruise through the outer expanses of Highlands’s AO. Fortunately, we had 15 leaders among us, so it went something like this…
Head out Street Rd. to a right on Ridge. Turn left into (insert name) community
Go find Jimmy Oehler Rd.
Come back to Ridge Rd. and turn back into HC via Shelly
Left on HCP for an out and back stretch to the front entrance
Was trying to pull everyone back together (didn’t work so well)
Arrive back at HCE parking lot
COT and BOM
The Sweaty Moleskin
– Nice work today by the PAX in less than ideal conditions – didn’t realize we were swimming today in addition to running ~4.6 miles
– Thanks for the opportunity to Q… I learn more and more each time.
– @Snare – thanks for the run in/out today; you made the extra mileage easy – thanks for the 2ndF today and all the time!
– Not easy having 2ndF/3rdF discussions while pacing with @Frodo (well, easy for @Frodo, not easy for YHC), but enjoyed it thoroughly. Thanks brother. As if it wasn’t tough enough with my wheezing and sputtering through our mumblechatter, here comes @The_Nanny from 200m+ behind to effortlessly track us down like he was Jack Bauer following a donut crumb trail left by Honey Boo-Boo.
– Speaking of 3rd F, The Shield – tonight 8-10pm; Stoli’s house (7825 Taymouth Lane in HC; come around back through gate on right side of house)
– Welcome to 16yo hate-hate-hate (almost 17, still hate-hate-hate) FNG Ethan Oldham… keep posting young brother, you’ll get stronger every week and in a few months you’ll be ready to Q.
– Sign up for the MudRun today! Deadline is July 15. Details and instructions are in the News link of the daily email.
– Fourth of July beat down options on Friday: 1) El Dorado – 5:45a-6:45a launching from Kohl’s parking lot across from UNCC 2) Tradition – running their signature Old Glory beat down 7:00a-8:00a @ Stonebridge Church 3) Double Down – most PAX should NOT attempt this. FAR too hard… possibly impossible. Harder than getting a scoring shot past Tim Howard. So hard that Chuck Norris won’t even be there. Good thing our Founding Fathers decided to avoid doing hard things… If you decide to ignore all common sense and these multiple warnings, please bring a note of clearance from your physician and be prepared to sign a liability waiver in blood using a quill from a bald eagle.