6 pax rolled out of their cool and dry beds to post for a muggy, soggy, and heavy installment of the Cruise. No Q – no problem. The Nanny always has a route ready, We fell back to the tried and true 201 Central Loop. Cover lots of ground and guarantees a 5 mi run.
- Sweat, then warm up a bit, then run 5 mi and sweat some more.
The Naked Moleskin:
- When I woke up and saw condensation on the windows in the house, I knew we were in store for a humid morning. The sweat started as I tied my second shoelace….it stopped…well…it hasn’t stopped yet.
- We had three pax run to the workout this morning. For ANYONE who is doing or is considering doing Thunder Road, you need to start running to the Cruise. It will do you huge favors once you get into serious training in a month or so. The start, stop, start, stop, start, stop experience can be odd at first, but I really think it is a lower impact way of getting your body ready for longer mileage w/o stops.
- Great to have Tomlin back in the pax. He just started hitting workouts prior to his vacation, was gone for a while, but he’s back. Glad to see the bug bit you hard enough to get you back out in the mornings even after a vacation hiatus – sometimes it is hard to get back into the routine. T-claps.
- It was a 2-pax shirtless morning. Won’t say who it was, but one of them is built like a Winnebago and the other is not.
- Was good catching up with Tank and hearing about both his woes from the pool (stitches in his lip) as well as training in the pool (Ballantyne and Stump Creek tri’s coming).
- Guys, trust me and don’t make fun of Frodo and his expedition fanny pack. I did last week and this week when I was parched and in need of some of his fruity red Gatorade….no soup for you!!