10 Highlanders posted for another sweaty installment of The Cruise. No Q? No problem. Chowder stepped up with an intricate, 10 step workout that he “just came up with.” 4 miles @ an 8:30 pace.
- Run the Creek 5K route + a bonus 1 mi Fairvista loop.
- Scattered painstations; merkins, walking lunges, LBC’s, and pull ups.
The Naked Moleskin:
- You would never know we did a 4 mi Cruise today vs the occasional 5 mi Cruise…. That humidity brought the perceived effort level way over the top. T-claps to all the guys who ground through that one.
- We’ve said it before – and I read it in Runners World this month – but come October/November when we are back to cool weather all the faithfuls who posted through the summer will feel like they are on illegal performance enhancing drugs. Looking forward to that payoff.
- Highlands confirmed mudrun registrants are starting to build. Two more were identified this morning. Get your registration in – trust me you will want to take advantage of the cool weather to have a lightning fast run come USMC morning. Make your summer count.
- Reminder to follow good refueling practices during these hot summer workouts. Feeling good tomorrow starts by re-fueling properly after today’s workout. The first 30 – 45 minutes after the workout is the widest metabolic window you will have – use it. Get some hydration, some carbs, and some protein. If you want to go hi-tech and get perhaps the best recovery mix out there – pick up a canister of Endurox. That stuff is like magic.
Nanny – posted on behalf of our traveling Q Chowder